Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lille

I am going there for a gig tomorrow.

Has anyone been and can recommend a watering hole/club etc.

Looks like the French version of Hull from what I have heard.

Much obliged.

Comments

• Good place to bev, the bevs near the sqaure are pricey as you would expect, there is a French Aussie bar which is good for footie, but the best thing about finidng it is there is a great street near it full of quality French bars, can't remember any names....hazy days.
  • Lille's nice, went there last year.

There's a nice bar opposite the train station (not the Eurostar terminal) called the trois brassiers that brews its own beer. A bit touristy but decent beer.

Can't comment on the club scene (wrong side of 40) but can reccomend the "Paul" restaurant which is just off the main square for breakfast.
  • edited January 2009
    I used to work just up the road & spent many a night in Lille - loved the old quarter, cobblledy streets & all that...lot of history in that area as the two world wars rampaged around the region.

Would not compare it to Hull in anyway though - a much nicer place, i'm sure there are dodgy suburbs but the city centre is nice. Maybe you could catch a game Lille are a Ligue One side.
  • Please let us know how you get on.

The FA Cup final is being played on the last day of the French footy season with Lille being at home that night so was thinking of making a foreign footy weekend of it seeing as our interest in the tournament has now ended.
  • Took my tribe there at Christmas. Nothing like Hull. Plenty of class with just enough of a rough edge to make a Charlton fan feel at home :-)

if you want a decent place to eat, I can warmly recommend square d'aramis, you can find them on the web.
  • Don't we have an African player over there on loan? If he can play CB maybe you can smuggle him back to us.