Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

VFR CD - who was there?

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
Just been looking at a thread where the VFR CD recording was mentioned...

Who was there? I was one them, and I can remember Al the Addick, AFKA, Kevin Portch, Hugo... any others?

I can just about remember the drink up afterwards too.... What was the pub called? I remember the landlord being a Charlton fan, so we were well looked after with the booze..... Can just about remember bringing it all back up on the train home too ;-)

Comments

• Options
    Claus, Matt, Scotty and Super Kev. And me.
  • Options
    I was there too
  • Options
    Ahhh yes, forgot about the players turning up! Claus singing with his Danish accent was very funny.... Lisbie came dressed like Vicky Pollard....
  • Options
    me and my two sprogs.

Nice pic Andy in the Blackburn programme, put ya phone way and watch the game. !!
  • Options
    can remember being so nervous !

never been in a 'studio' before but was great, great fun.

Excellent drink up after as well. I think because we had a bit of adrenelin going the beers were going down like no tomorrow. It was a Monday night because i remember it was the first day i had started a new job, and went in with a raging hangover the next day.

The pub looked a bit grim on the outside, we walked in and there was all Charlton pictures all over the walls ! Can't remember the name !
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    [cite]Posted By: DaveStorry[/cite]me and my two sprogs.

Nice pic Andy in the Blackburn programme, put ya phone way and watch the game. !!

Was texting Tim the score as he was reffing that afternoon
  • Options
    I was there as a youngster. If anyone knows 3 blokes, Jon.. I was there with hes two kids.
  • Options
    good to see 3 Blokes sign up on here the other day.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]The pub looked a bit grim on the outside, we walked in and there was all Charlton pictures all over the walls ! Can't remember the name !

I've got 'Herbert' in my head for some reason but not sure that's right..... It was in Plumstead wasnt it?
  • Options
    Jon was teaching my daughter at the time of the CD
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lord Herbert i think
  • Options
    Yep

I was in the pub (Lord Herbert) when hoards of Addicks started to flood in the pub. I'd met Hugo before (on the flight over to Copenhagen for the friendly) and asked him what was going on. I was then asked if I wanted to join in which I jumped at the chance. I sang with Al the Addick and not sure now but was it you Medders?
    An unexpected great night in the pub and the landlord (is a big Charlton fan and season ticket holder - he gives me a lift back to the pub after matches) bought everyone a drink.

I expected Al the Addick to go on to better things since that performance - he did say at the time he was thinking of pursuing a solo singing career ;o)
  • Options
    i actually remember you being in the pub now Solid ! Forgot about a local being pulled out the pub !

The guv was a top bloke, didn't have to get everyone a drink but seemed to love having everyone there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Yep

I was in the pub (Lord Herbert) when hoards of Addicks started to flood in the pub. I'd met Hugo before (on the flight over to Copenhagen for the friendly) and asked him what was going on. I was then asked if I wanted to join in which I jumped at the chance. I sang with Al the Addick and not sure now but was it you Medders?
    An unexpected great night in the pub and the landlord (is a big Charlton fan and season ticket holder - he gives me a lift back to the pub after matches) bought everyone a drink.

I expected Al the Addick to go on to better things since that performance - he did say at the time he was thinking of pursuing a solo singing career ;o)

I think I remember you Solid! I think it was you I sang with... can't remember the fourth person though (possibly Romford Addick, Nick?)

Despite the free drinks, I reckon the landlord made a lot more than he'd expected for a Monday night!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Was this the pub?

http://www.fancyapint.com/main_site/thepubs/pub2939.html

Yep, that's the place! So much better inside... one big room with the bar in the middle of the room..... Would make a great matchday pub if it was closer to a station or the ground...
  • Options
    when was that ?

must have a ten year reunion (comeback tour) coming up !!
  • Options
    must have been 1999/2000 ish
  • Options
    it was me and the wife who dropped you off at the station Medders as you were trying not to throw up in the car! great night though ;o)
  • Options
    Medders - Yeah he probably did make a few quid on the night but I dont think he bought everyone a drink because of that. He was really made up with so many fellow addicks fans were in his pub.

The pub sometimes rocks when big matches are being played - especially England during the world cup (mind you most pubs were doing a decent trade). The pub has one of those large screens.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Al the Addick[/cite]it was me and the wife who dropped you off at the station Medders as you were trying not to throw up in the car! great night though ;o)

I remember Al!! You even walked me down to the platform at Woolwich Arsenal...! I was in a right state! Have no idea how I held it in during the car journey!

I think someone else was in the back also.... was it Stick?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Medders - Yeah he probably did make a few quid on the night but I dont think he bought everyone a drink because of that. He was really made up with so many fellow addicks fans were in his pub.

I didnt mean that quite how it came across! I remember he was a geniune chap, and like you say, very pleased to see us all. He must of wondered what had hit him!
  • Options
    no it was Garth who went on to marry Sue who was there! (used to be Stunner on netaddicks)
  • Options
    i also remember when we sung it on the pitch before a game, just before we was about to do it we told Varney we were all going to turn to the away fans and start pointing and singing 'who the f***ing hell are you', and Varney absolutely crapped himself !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i also remember when we sung it on the pitch before a game, just before we was about to do it we told Varney we were all going to turn to the away fans and start pointing and singing 'who the f***ing hell are you', and Varney absolutely crapped himself !!

Complete with Addickted 'playing' bagpipes.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Al the Addick[/cite]no it was Garth who went on to marry Sue who was there! (used to be Stunner on netaddicks)

I remember him... Sue was there, as was Tracy (LadyAddick)
  • Options
    Remember Steve Sutherland telling us, don't step on the white lines, Paddy will get the ump
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Tracy now proofs the articles in the blog, and is an occassional poster.
  • Options
    And there was me thinking you'd been back to school AFKA ;-)

What does she post under?
  • Options
    It was ok to sing almost live VFR but we were also asked to sing two more of F-Blocks greatest hits album - cant remember what they were but I seem to recall we were going to point at the scousers on one of the songs??

We must of made an impression as we were invited back onto the pitch at full time for another rendition of VFR!