Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I'm not saying Palace have small crowds but.....

edited January 2009 in Fun, Jokes & Captions
.......did you hear about the Palace fan who phoned up the club and asked what time kick off was?

"What time can you make it'? was the reply!!!!!

Cue Tumbleweed (again)

Comments

• Blimey, if we're digging into the joke archives then......

I was at Palace the other day, and i turned to the bloke next to me, and shouted into the distance "Oiiii"
  • Anything to cheer us up AFKA!
  • before we take the piss let's see what we get next season ;-(
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]before we take the piss let's see what we get next season ;-(

IMO, if we do go down, our crowds will still hold up reasonably well, certainly more than palarse woould get if they went into league 1, and nearly double what millsmall get now.
  • At Selhurst they read out crowd changes to the players.
  • Need I say more..
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]before we take the piss let's see what we get next season ;-(

IMO, if we do go down, our crowds will still hold up reasonably well, certainly more than palarse woould get if they went into league 1, and nearly double what millsmall get now.

Charlton do seem to have a good core fan base, but you also seem to have a lot of fans who came for the premiership football. Even if you don't go down, from next year your attendances will diminish, as they have done at Palace, and as it has shown there, even with a sprinkling of success such as we had with the playoffs last year, it takes a long time for the fans to return.

Even with a good season ticket offer, I would imagine your crowds beginning to resemble Millwalls, if you went down.
  • DA9DA9
    edited January 2009
    I would wager a months salary that are crowds would always be higher than millwalls are currently in League 1, by a long shot.
    Millwall will never build the core base like we have, or even palace to be honest.
  • Don't forget, Millwall has to compete with Charlton for crowds.

And Palace, with no apparently local rivals, has to compete for attendances with Brighton.
    So it is a bit of a challenge for them.

;o)
  • Whats it like to see a crowd must be sung at Palace when they start going down going down :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I would wager a months salary that are crowds would always be higher than millwalls are currently in League 1, by a long shot.
    Millwall will never build the core base like we have, or even palace to be honest.

tbf for your crowds to get as poor as Millwalls, you'd probably have to stay in League One (if you are relegated ;-) )for a couple of years before they get as bad as Millwall.

[cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Whats it like to see a crowd must be sung at Palace when they start going down going down :-(

come to see the Palace, you've only come to see the Palace. :-)