Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Break even crowds

Heard on radio this morning that Norwich City is 52,000.

I wonder what ours is?

Bearing in mind that we have been losing £31K a day.

Comments

• £11.5m loss divided by 23 home games = £500,000 per home game = another 25,000 on the gate at £20 a ticket.
  • so ours would be around 45-50,000 which was if i remember what we WERE aiming to increase to!
  • Wonder what Chelsea's is. They'd probably need about 500,000 at every home game!
  • [cite]Posted By: Imnot Athletic[/cite]£11.5m loss divided by 23 home games = £500,000 per home game = another 25,000 on the gate at £20 a ticket.

except we have a high percentage of kids and oaps at a lower rate.

I heard the Norwich figure this morning and was staggered. The ten minutes later was frightened as unless i'm mistaken, ours would be an even higher figure.
  • With the players we sold over the summer and in this window, we should have made a profit on transfers this year, plus this should have put a dent in the wages bill. Even the most optimistic view would put us a break even this year. We got around £13.5m from TV and parachute payments last season and I'm assuming a similar amount this, but next? If we go down this will be less than £1m, even if we do make the TV a few times next year.

Other than player sales, its hard to see how we are going to balance the books without moving on pretty much every senior player and, sad though it is to say, a lot of non playing staff will have to go as well :-(
  • It would be time for a new approach on season tickets.

If we are in the same division the year after we will get a free season ticket.
  • Buy one get one free?
  • I remember hearing about other teams going into administration, a few yrs back, and thinking... well at least we have gone through all that and the road ahead is pretty well lit.......

Only to see us now...... very worrying times ahead... we need an inspiration.... a new knight to come out from the woods.