Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Modern man male grooming and shopping !!!

Visiting my lad last week i was amazed to see the various perfumes ( after shave ) and face and hair creams he had...........ripping into him he said all the lads do.....and some even have hair straighteners !!!..mmm then later we went into carlisle shopping and bugger me him and his mates go clothes shopping together....like girls trying things on and discussing what goes with what......help is he a a bit of a jessie boy..or am i just old.............must say i have got one bottle of aftershave and some face cream....but my mates would dream of shopping together !!.....should i be concerened or get with the times...

Comments

• Options
    You should be more concerned that he lives in Carlisle mate!!
  • Options
    I had hair-straighteners back in the late '70's for me mohicans !
    (when I had a full head of hair it grew like a bloody natural perm).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dartfordgent[/cite]Visiting my lad last week i was amazed to see the various perfumes ( after shave ) and face and hair creams he had...........ripping into him he said all the lads do.....and some even have hair straighteners !!!..mmm then later we went into carlisle shopping and bugger me him and his mates go clothes shopping together....like girls trying things on and discussing what goes with what......help is he a a bit of a jessie boy..or am i just old.............must say i have got one bottle of aftershave and some face cream....but my mates would dream of shopping together !!.....should i be concerened or get with the times...

Did he have an extensive collection of musicals on DVD, and maybe Sex in the City - The Movie too?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]I had hair-straighteners back in the late '70's for me mohicans !

I remember when you had hair ;)
  • Options
    Blimey Postie, didn't relize you were that old !
  • Options
    well he is a spurs fan !! no he gets his fare share of girls mate his a lifeguard and pulls them like shelling peas...........then again they are carlisle lasses !! was hoping its a young bloke thing now...........
  • Options
    Male grooming and shopping is preferable to watching Charlton at the moment : o(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dartfordgent[/cite]well he is a spurs fan !! no he gets his fare share of girls mate his a lifeguard and pulls them like shelling peas...........then again they are carlisle lasses !! was hoping its a young bloke thing now...........

Smokescreen. If not, I worry for the future of this country... LOL
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]I had hair-straighteners back in the late '70's for me mohicans !

I remember when you had hair ;)

and you
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: dartfordgent[/cite]Visiting my lad last week i was amazed to see the various perfumes ( after shave ) and face and hair creams he had...........ripping into him he said all the lads do.....and some even have hair straighteners !!!..mmm then later we went into carlisle shopping and bugger me him and his mates go clothes shopping together....like girls trying things on and discussing what goes with what......help is he a a bit of a jessie boy..or am i just old.............must say i have got one bottle of aftershave and some face cream....but my mates would dream of shopping together !!.....should i be concerened or get with the times...[/quote] If he was a mate maybe, but at the end of the day he is your son, so does it really matter as long as he is happy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Blimey, you should see the wax I put in my hair.

Just go with it, sign of the times, at least most youngsters these days take pride in the their appearance, rather that than some street ratboy chav with his hands down his dirty primark trackie bottoms and a stained burberry fake cap.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Blimey, you should see the wax I put in my hair.

Just go with it, sign of the times, at least most youngsters these days take pride in the their appearance, rather that than some street ratboy chav with his hands down his dirty primark trackie bottoms and a stained burberry fake cap.

There's taking pride in your appearance DA9, and theres preening like a teenage girl. You know we come from the same school when it comes to what we look like (although sadly theres not enough barnet to trouble the "Black & White" pot anymore), and most of them think looking good equals spending £50 more than you need to on a shirt because it's got a little crocodile on the front.
  • Options
    OH MY GOD i had to read this a few times as i was really disturbed.

I thought you said you were "visiting my DAD"... I had visions of these old blokes going out shopping together, using hair straighteners etc. it was the oddest thing... and that your dad was a life guard and copping off with the local girls.

i was cringing.
  • Options
    you got your D & L mixed up then B
  • Options
    LOL Curb_it.

amazing the difference a little semi circle can make..
  • Options
    very true he only looking good just wanted confirmation its the youth of today .........but boy you do get some odd uns up there i think its cos half the population are farmers or jocks.......then again we can all see them next season.........still struggle with the guys shopping together i see it at Bluewater a lot times have changed.......
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Blimey, you should see the wax I put in my hair.

There's taking pride in your appearance DA9, and theres preening like a teenage girl. You know we come from the same school when it comes to what we look like (although sadly theres not enough barnet to trouble the "Black & White" pot anymore), and most of them think looking good equals spending £50 more than you need to on a shirt because it's got a little crocodile on the front.

LOL....luckily I still get to use black & white now & then....

My boy was tracksuits & t-shirts before, now I make sure (especially when he goes to the football) that he dresses the part, jeans, decent trainers, and I have to admit designer t-shirts and jackets (dont want him being a scruff....he has his dads rep to continue :-) )
    Me these days, more rockabilly and hair wax lol
  • Options
    i blame harriot harman !!! and.................................

andrew mills
  • Options
    My Cousin is 25, has hair straighteners, spends a fortune on clothes, has his bits waxed regularly, eyebrows plucked & on a night out takes longer than a girl to get ready. Unbelievable really, but to be fair he pulls crackers all the time, there in lies the message...the ends justify the means !
  • Options
    Wasn't just you Curb-it...I made the same mistake and thought that it was odd that no-one seemed to think that any of this was that unusual! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]OH MY GOD i had to read this a few times as i was really disturbed.

I thought you said you were "visiting my DAD"... I had visions of these old blokes going out shopping together, using hair straighteners etc. it was the oddest thing... and that your dad was a life guard and copping off with the local girls.

i was cringing.
    YES, I read it exactly the same way myself B. I had visions of all these 60 year old men going shopping for fashion items & preening their hair (?). It wasn't a pretty image & pretty much put me off ever going to Carlisle again!! LOL.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]OH MY GOD i had to read this a few times as i was really disturbed.

i was cringing.
    YES, I read it exactly the same way myself B. I had visions of all these 60 year old men going shopping for fashion items & preening their hair (?). It wasn't a pretty image & pretty much put me off ever going to Carlisle again!! LOL.

Yep, and me!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dartfordgent[/cite]but my mates would dream of shopping together !!.....should i be concerened or get with the times...

Don't worry about your son worry about your mates lol

It is all normal in this day and age - I hate shopping only the gf can make me go!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dartfordgent[/cite]well he is a spurs fan !! no he gets his fare share of girls mate his a lifeguard and pulls them like shelling peas...........then again they are carlisle lasses !! was hoping its a young bloke thing now...........

Sort the spurs part in him out mate... really not good!
  • Options
    Blimey, I must be getting old too then. The thought of a bloke owning a pair of hair straighteners and going clothes shopping with his mates immediately set off my gaydar but from what you said he's not light in the loafers.

It does make you wonder how this generation would have got on during the dark ages of National Service doesn't it...."Sorry I'm late Sarge but I was waiting for my GHD's to warm up..."
  • Options
    i hope you have a daughter les knowing what ghd's are pah!
  • Options
    I'd be worried that he's a yid, rather than the fact he likes to look good.

Although I've used them, I don't own a pair of hair straightners.
  • Options
    Cue the Tony the Tiger jokes

:-)
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Stu of HU16:

tonytigerfat1.jpg
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry, sign of the times.