Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Arter

Comments

• Options
    bump
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: dickplumb[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: dickplumb[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

Having followed his career from under 16s i thought we had a special player on our hands. Can do everything expected of a good midfield player, can pass, tackle,score the odd goal and has a good engine. Unfortunately a bad injury came at the wrong time for him and the spat with Moo2 didnt help. Was very dissappointed to see him leave.[/quote]
    I don't believe that anyone other, perhaps, than a few fantasists on here saw the business with Yassin reflecting in any way negatively on Arter.[/quote]

It was'nt just the spat with Moo2 it was his general ill discipline and temper. This is not heresay it is from someone who knew him and his family[/quote]

Yes he also got left out at Woking for same, but those with special talents can be arrogant and he is only 21 now. Rodney and Gaza were same.
  • Options
    Scored on his debut for Carlisle today
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: dickplumb[/cite]the spat with Moo2 didnt help
    [cite]Posted By: dickplumb[/cite]It was'nt just the spat with Moo2 it was his general ill discipline and temper. This is not heresay it is from someone who knew him and his family
    So basically, it had nothing to do with our late, unlameneted fullback going through the back of him in training. Glad your special contacts in his family confirmed that. Do keep us up to date with any other insights.
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32550180

AFC Bournemouth: Harry Arter ready for 'fairytale ending'

Harry Arter says sealing promotion to the Premier League at the club that released him as a teenager will be a "fairytale ending" to the season.

Midfielder Arter returns to Charlton with Bournemouth on Saturday.

He signed for the Cherries in 2010 and has been a key member of the side that stands on the brink of the top flight.

"I've got strong links with that club. It's nice to go back to where you start and go back on a high," the 25-year-old told BBC Radio Solent.

"I'm not bitter towards the fans there, in a way the people who taught me still in the academy will probably look on on Saturday with a bit of pride."

Promotion was all but sealed after Monday's 3-0 victory over Bolton at Goldsands Stadium.

Only defeat, a Middlesbrough win and a highly unlikely 20-goal swing on the final day of the season could deny them - and even then, they would have a second chance via the play-offs.

Arter, who was 19 when he was released by Charlton in 2009, said it has been a memorable week for the club.

"These weeks are very rare in your life and even more so in football," he continued.

"The fact we've been able to celebrate two promotions in three years is unbelievable. When we got promoted from League One that felt like the best feeling in the world.

"That feeling got beaten on Monday. It's something I probably won't feel again in football. It's a week and a moment I want to savour."

The Cherries go into the final round of games only one point behind leaders Watford.

And Arter, who was voted supporters' player of the year, although he thinks midfield partner Andrew Surman deserved the award, said the squad are determined to finish the season with the title.

"We want to win the league," he added. "Ultimately the prize is the same, but if you go up as champions it will be that extra special feeling."
  • Options
    I guess the question is
    1) Was it the case that he deserved to be let go, and used the rejection to refocus his playing career in a positive direction, or
    2) Was it a screw up to let him go, bearing in mind that unlike with the likes of Michael Turner, we weren't a PL team at the time?
  • Options
    2 - Some genius decided that Semedo and Racon were the way forward and we got relegated.
  • Options
    Nah it was a sensible move for him at the time, he also had been out for about a year. He did not look ready for the step up at 19

Fair play to him though took a few steps back and did it the right way
  • Options
    I always liked josh wright, shame
  • Options

Before all the television stuff with his family his old man had took him round every club in London after a deal. He 100% thought he was better than he actually was and you could tell this in his demeanour on the pitch even if you knew nothing about him.

Out of the 2 always thought Arter was more dynamic but less ready if that makes sense
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter said:

Before all the television stuff with his family his old man had took him round every club in London after a deal. He 100% thought he was better than he actually was and you could tell this in his demeanour on the pitch even if you knew nothing about him.

Out of the 2 always thought Arter was more dynamic but less ready if that makes sense
    Saw him play a few times for the Gills when he was on loan there he was outstanding, I was gutted about his attitude at the time when he ended up signing for Scunny, thought he was going to be a tidy player us..alas
  • Options
    Can't argue with that, I heard he looked decent for Gillingham but so did Chris Dickson albeit the division below when Josh was there.

Shame neither really exploded as we were screaming for a dynamic midfielder at the time and Jonjo was a bit too young
  • Options
    It was just 'one of those things' that you could always skew with hindsight.

Gutted really, think Arter is a quality player.
  • Options
    Just goes to show the importance of the u21 side now. If we had one then Harry would've stayed for a couple more years at least.
  • Options
    Arter and Wright had no chance of breaking through as we had far too many central midfielders under Pardew. Start of 07/08 we had Holland, Zheng, Semedo, Racon, Sinclair plus Reid and Ambrose who played centrally at times.

By the end of the season Shelvey was breaking through as he was too good for Pardew to ignore. It still wasn't enough for Pardew as he brought in Dorian Smith later on that season and only Reid had left by that point. Following season Bailey came in to add to our long list of CMs.

Had they been coming through now they'd have a real chance of getting a run of games. Under RD clearly we're not going to build up an oversized senior squad. When you think about all the money Pardew wasted (and was allowed to by the board) that isn't really a bad thing.
  • Options
    Depressing that we let him go because we had Holland (past it), Racon(never had it), Sinclair (terrible signing), Ambrose (not up to it)
  • Options
    Good player, Arter. Josh Wright was pony
  • Options
    HandG said:

Why were people booing him when he went off? We released him, he has nothing to give back to the club. The intellect of some of our fans is embarrassing.

Probably because he unnecessarily goaded our fans after he scored.
    Didnt feel as though he was goaded our players... Felt it was more a case of him going crazy cos going 2-0 up meant that he knew only a Watford slip could stop them becoming Champions because we were out of it in terms of being a nuisance ourselves
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Why were people booing him when he went off? We released him, he has nothing to give back to the club. The intellect of some of our fans is embarrassing.

Gave it the large one to the North and East when he scored. Very good player. No need for that, lacks class in my books.
  • Options
    I can see why he was booed after he scored. Gave it to the fans unnecessarily. Francis was also unnecessarily booed. When playing for us he was just poor. Nothing more than that.
  • Options
    Gave it the large one to the North and East when he scored. Very good player. No need for that, lacks class in my books.

I missed that as I was late to the game so didn't see their goals. Slightly understandable then

• Options
    Well his brother in law did everything to purposely avoid celebrating infront of us at Fulham away and got booed and tonnes of abuse so why not celebrate.
  • Options
    Or maybe he just wanted to say that's for dumping me.

I like the way people like Poyet get pelters for leaving at end of contract but it's ok when the club dumps them at the end of a contract.
  • Options
    Like him and the way he has blossomed after we wrongly dumped him. Good luck in the PL Harry.
  • Options
    so he celebrated scoring so what .
  • Options

Like him and the way he has blossomed after we wrongly dumped him. Good luck in the PL Harry.

ot sure we "dumped" him, so much as released him, because at the time he was not showing enough, its not like he left us at 19 and became a potential prem player, its 5/6 years since we released him and he has done well to rebuild his career from a low base. There are many ex footballers who faced the same mental challenges and not overcome them. Arter has shown great mental capabilities.
  • Options
    As one academy product looks to have played his last premier league appearance of the season another should make his debut tomorrow- good luck Harry Arter.
  • Options
    Good player who was mismanaged by Charlton.
    He's still a little rat face f**ker like Scotty P, mind.