Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

who said this league was hard to get out of ???

well we're gonna manage it in two seasons
oh the excitement and new grounds
who'd wanna watch us get stuffed by arsenal or man utd in the orrible premiership
remember this league is so much more competetive than the premiership we're just 8 points from safety the same 8 points in the prem would move you up 12 spots.....

not that it'll happen in most of our lifetimes but tell your grandchildren to appreciate top flight football if they ever see it even if it isn't as exciting as they'd hoped for.......

****the admin police deleted this post earlier**** sorry if it offends anyone but we really are in a sad position as a club at the moment and if you don't laugh you'll cry ;-(

Comments

• Perhaps predictable, oohaah, but it did make me smile.. ;-)
  • WSSWSS
    edited January 2009
    its not offending, just boring because you say the same thing in every post you write....

(and nothing gets deleted, it gets stored in a special place where all of us admin get together once a month over a glass of port and some cheese and decide who to ban next)
  • i find the 'we've turned the corner , things aren't that bad, it could be worse we could be leeds leicester blah blah waffle just as boring as my inane posts and the constant sniping of negative posters annoying as well ffs if there's been anything positive in the last few years (charlton life's birth excepted) then i've missed it

bring back reamsofverse charlie block and yung2368 they had foresight and got shot down for their not so eloquant ways of pointing out we were heading for trouble just my opinion tho
    and we all know the truth hurts
  • I love OAM's posts, they are just so...so.....consistent.

He's the Glenn McGrath of Charlton Life, every post the same, bang on the same topic, post after post....I love it!!!

Christ, imagine being married to him though? You might come home one night, pissed, spew on the carpet and keep being berated about it every single bloody night for the rest of your life. I'd want to be euthanased.

The man is an unstoppable force!!!
  • Well I have to admit OAM's posts of gloom predictions have been more on the money than the 'positive to the extent of ignoring the reality' posters. With the 3 worst years on the bounce in a long time he's on a roll.
  • i thought luke varney was gonna be good tho ;-(
  • Well if it is any comfort, some people thought Izzy was going to be good and that Gray was a good signing.
  • who knows if he's right or not. i'm sure when charlton fall into the depths of despair he'll actually have something slightly postitive to say about how he was right all along. well, well done him. pat on the back. not sure what good will come out of posting the same 5 sentances 3 times a day, but you carry on mate if it makes you feel better. dont bring back charlie, yung, and reams, as i couldn't cope with 4 of you banging on about the same thing a million times a day, you're all just miserable gits who must have nothing better to do with your time then wallow in pity and gloom.

if it makes you happy (which i'm sure it doesn't) you carry on!
  • What Suzi says, very easy to do what OohAah does and easy to have it both ways, we do good, he enjoys it, do bad, he enjoys it.
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]who knows if he's right or not. i'm sure when charlton fall into the depths of despair he'll actually have something slightly postitive to say about how he was right all along. well, well done him. pat on the back. not sure what good will come out of posting the same 5 sentances 3 times a day, but you carry on mate if it makes you feel better. dont bring back charlie, yung, and reams, as i couldn't cope with 4 of you banging on about the same thing a million times a day, you're all just miserable gits who must have nothing better to do with your time then wallow in pity and gloom.

better than towing the party line. Keep going OAM. Rather read that than 'the everything is rosy' line when it clearly isn't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Here comes the emotional obessives.
  • Where did she say its rosy tho?

he does mosts people head.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]What Suzi says, very easy to do what OohAah does and easy to have it both ways, we do good, he enjoys it, do bad, he enjoys it.

why you think i enjoy us being bad is beyond me this hurts me so much ......
    i say it how i see it
    i thought we'd finish mid tableish this year WRONG , i thought varney and gray were good THEY HAVEN'T BEEN, i still think weaver is a quality keeper HE HASN'T BEEN LATELY
    i think some of our fans are really odd RIGHT
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]who knows if he's right or not. i'm sure when charlton fall into the depths of despair he'll actually have something slightly postitive to say about how he was right all along. well, well done him. pat on the back. not sure what good will come out of posting the same 5 sentances 3 times a day, but you carry on mate if it makes you feel better. dont bring back charlie, yung, and reams, as i couldn't cope with 4 of you banging on about the same thing a million times a day, you're all just miserable gits who must have nothing better to do with your time then wallow in pity and gloom.

better than towing the party line. Keep going OAM. Rather read that than 'the everything is rosy' line when it clearly isn't.

I'm not towing any line. I just find banging on about how bad I feel about charlton at the moment makes me feel worse than I already do. if I haven't got anything new to say - then i don't say anything, hence why I don't really bother posting much anymore. its so hard to find new decent points inbetween all the crap. i can't believe out of the minority of positive people still left on this board, the reaction we get when one of us dare pipes up to question the repetitive negativity. I'm not saying don't suggest things and discuss the team, the game, etc, but to repeat the same 4 sentances day in day out, surely must do your head in. are you trying to make others believe the same thing? its like a paul mckenna show on here. if he keeps saying it, we'll obviously all come to our senses and believe him.
  • The thing is posters are allowed to slag Curbs off ad infinitum and those that defend him are ridiculed and accused of "raking up old ground blah, blah, blah" yet for some reason criticising the present regime be that Board, players or management is frowned upon.

Either this purports to be a free forum or it doesn't.
  • edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

it is rosy isnt it?
  • it's all curbs fault he built up our expectation if he'd just left us as a 2nd tier mid table nothing club this fall from not so high grace wouldn't hurt so much , we tasted the forbidden fruit and some of us enjoyed it!!
  • And to think i got a bit of a slating for mentioning Darren Bent Yesterday.Apparently we've got our own strikers to ' worry ' about.

Do fans actually worry about things like that? I mean it's not nice but it's not worth losing sleep over.
    Think some on here need to lighten up a bit.We're going down and we're cack.

Ged over it!
  • nothing wrong with mentioning our glorious past carly , it's the bright spots along the charlton athletic journey that keep me going though the rough times
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]who knows if he's right or not. i'm sure when charlton fall into the depths of despair he'll actually have something slightly postitive to say about how he was right all along. well, well done him. pat on the back. not sure what good will come out of posting the same 5 sentances 3 times a day, but you carry on mate if it makes you feel better. dont bring back charlie, yung, and reams, as i couldn't cope with 4 of you banging on about the same thing a million times a day, you're all just miserable gits who must have nothing better to do with your time then wallow in pity and gloom.

I'm not towing any line. I just find banging on about how bad I feel about charlton at the moment makes me feel worse than I already do. if I haven't got anything new to say - then i don't say anything, hence why I don't really bother posting much anymore. its so hard to find new decent points inbetween all the crap. i can't believe out of the minority of positive people still left on this board, the reaction we get when one of us dare pipes up to question the repetitive negativity. I'm not saying don't suggest things and discuss the team, the game, etc, but to repeat the same 4 sentances day in day out, surely must do your head in. are you trying to make others believe the same thing? its like a paul mckenna show on here. if he keeps saying it, we'll obviously all come to our senses and believe him.

To be fair he doesn't need to keep saying it for us to believe him, we can see he's right just by turning up to our game each week or by looking at the league table.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]The thing is posters are allowed to slag Curbs off ad infinitum and those that defend him are ridiculed and accused of "raking up old ground blah, blah, blah" yet for some reason criticising the present regime be that Board, players or management is frowned upon.

Either this purports to be a free forum or it doesn't.
    Len, that's rubbish. Ooah gets slagged off because he goes on and on about Curbs in a million and one different threads that were never about Curbs in the first place. It's boring and tedious and a waste of everybody else's time. You can hardly say that criticising the present regime is frowned upon - there's post after post on here today doing just that.
  • what a pratt.
  • The fact that this thread has been sunk confirms that this is NOT a free forum...
  • Way I see it is that there is bound to be a teensy weeny bit of negative about. We are bottom, Going down and have a manager who has the support of 0% of supporters. Looking for rosy but just for now I will remain negative.
  • oh len. mortimer just winds everybody up. he knows he's doing it and for the sake of harmony its been sunk.

there are plenty of other threads on here criticising the board/players/management... or have you not noticed those?
  • WSSWSS
    edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]The fact that this thread has been sunk confirms that this is NOT a free forum...
    Don't be ridiculous.

It is sunk because I have the feeling that the majority of people don't want to read this and it is descending into picking on individual posters which is not what the forum is about.

If everyone (RTB and EP) want to have it out, then by all means carry on but it's not sitting at the top of the forum.

If you don't think it is a free forum where you can air your views and have a serious discussion then you are not being held here by ransom - there are alternatives.
  • He's the Glenn McGrath of Charlton Life

I see him more of a Bob Willis.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]The fact that this thread has been sunk confirms that this is NOT a free forum...
    Don't be ridiculous.

It is sunk because I have the feeling that the majority of people don't want to read this and it is descending into picking on individual posters which is not what the forum is about.

If everyone (RTB and EP) want to have it out, then by all means carry on but it's not sitting at the top of the forum.

If you don't think it is a free forum where you can air your views and have a serious discussion then you are not being held here by ransom - there are alternatives.

Thanks I know where I stand now.
  • Fun, Jokes & Captions

the clue is in the category
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]

(RTB and EP)

what does this stand for?