Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RIP Tony Hart

Pased away aged 83, another children's TV legend gone.

Comments

• God I grew up on a diet of him and Johnie Ball, Bagpuss and the Flumps
  • Blimey, David Vine, Patrick McGoohan, John Mortimer and Tony Hart in one week!
  • That is a shame. A true legend. As cfgs said, I grew up on take hart etc and I'd have loved my kids to have had the enjoyment I did watching him and the others like him.
  • Puts it all into perspective.

RIP
  • edited January 2009
    Contrast the relaxed professional way Tony Hart conducted his educational art shows for kids with the noisy dumbed down nonsense that passes for the same nowadays. RIP
  • [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Contrast the relaxed professional way Tony Hart conducted his educational art shows for kids with the noisy dumbed down nonsense that passes for the same nowadays. RIP

100% agree with that dude, the sort of crap they put on these days is just pure shite!! Dumbed down nonsense describes it perfectly, well put.
  • Vision On --------- great stuff. The sign language for the deaf used to facinate me. Morf was also stunning in the early days years and years before others took the ideas up.
  • I guess I have reached the stage in my life when all my childhood favourites are passing away. Very sad.
  • [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]I guess I have reached the stage in my life when all my childhood favourites are passing away. Very sad.

A horrible feeling - I know.

The world was a better place with Tony Hart. Used to love Take Hart, Mr. Bennett, Morph and Chas.

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• My wife had a picture on The Gallery once. That was only a small hop away from a blue peter badge

Rip Mr Hart
  • edited January 2009
    What a sad week. My kids loved Tony Hart's programmes, especially his 'inventive' painting such as dropping cans of paint from great heights. RIP.
    Also John Mortimer, creator of Rumpole of the Bailey. RIP
  • shame great programe geniue nice fella never did get me drawing on the wall but hey ho
  • Echo the thoughts of others, the loss of a tue TV great from my childhood

RIP
  • Another Legend goes RIP
  • rip mr hart.
    i always used to try and guess the age of the artist whose pictures were shown in The Gallery... some were a little too good to be done by an 8 year old
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]My wife had a picture on The Gallery once. That was only a small hop away from a blue peter badge

Rip Mr Hart[/quote]

Didn't Tony Hart design the Blue Peter badge ?
  • Morph was one of my favourites when I was a kid, very sad news.

Rest in peace
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]rip mr hart.
    i always used to try and guess the age of the artist whose pictures were shown in The Gallery... some were a little too good to be done by an 8 year old

Err, It always had the age of the artist on the screen with their name hence the classic refrain when watching "that's good/rubbish for an 8 year old"

RIP Tony.
  • Sponsored links:

• I used to love Hart to Hart

RIP
  • Very sad news.

RIP Tony
  • Rip, Tony, a generous, funny and creative presence on the screen.
  • edited January 2016
    A bit random this old thread being revived. He died 7 years ago
  • edited January 2016
    He was amazing though
  • Simon E said:

A bit random this old thread being revived. He died 7 years ago

I notice two people jumped on the wagon though didn't they
  • An extremely talented man who could have made it in made it as a more serious artist, but because of his quick working style an highly personable style was perfectly suited to television.

RIP
  • He redefined the medium of plasticine. Great man.