Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Amir Khan

Fighting Marco Antonio Barrera.

Might be better off fighting Hanna Barbara.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7830924.stm

Comments

• It's just money chasing now for him.
  • LMFAO

His last fight made me laugh - after losing his previous fight it was back to square one, take stock, rebuild and get an opponent who would test him and make him a better boxer, a fight from which he would learn something.

And Khan won on a stoppage midway through the second round. Laughable.
  • barrera is old and finished these days so should beat him,but khan is chinny.
  • Marco Antonio Barrera in the second round.
  • Barrera is one of the hardest men to walk this planet, granted he is old but I don't think Khan should be anywhere near a ring with him.

Khan has quick hands and a modicum of power, Barrera will beat him up. This fight was only put on to make Frank Warren money from ticket sales on Barrera's back, I think he is more focussed on the new generation of olympians now and looking to feather a few undefeated records. Khan will get hurt I tell thee
  • I dont think Barrera will beat Khan up i think it will be a bit like the St Clair fight where Khan will kept moving picking his shots and mayb stopping Barrera.Its not the same Marco Antonio Barrera of recent years and although Manny The Pacman Pacquiao is the only man 2 stop Barrera i think Khan will do the same and stop a boxing great in the shadow of his prime.But as soon as Khan comes up against a good young fighter in the lightweight division like Marquez,Diaz,Guzman or Valero he is gona get sparked again.
  • Barrera is a legend how sad to put him in this fight it will highlight how old he is which is a poor way to treat a true great.

Saying that i hope he beats Khan
  • edited January 2009
    Am I missing something here?
    I've become increasingly aware that there's a fair amount of antipathy towards Khan.........why is this?
  • I think Soundas Khan got over hyped and was beating journey men and no marks, Then he got put in with a potential hard fighter and got sparked. Fighting Barrera puts him in with a real Legend and i for one love Barrera and hope he beats everyone he is put in front of

Last chance saloon for Khan lose this and thats it done deal career over
  • No guarantee he`ll beat Barrera. One on the chin and Amir`s a gonna. Well hyped against mugs and I suppose better than Audrey, now there is a mug.
  • Sponsored links:

• Very surprised Khans taken this fight but i don't think Freddie Roach would've let him if he didn't think he could win. Maybe they know something about Barrera that we don't as it was only a year or so ago he went the distance with Pacquaio.
    A lot of people will expect Khan to win due to his size, power and speed but then if he does win others will say Barrera was past it.
  • I like any British boxer to do well, it's nothing personal against Khan but Frank Warren is one of these guys who is well happy to take credit for things going right but will blame a fighter for any failings when things go sour for either of them (Calzaghe, Hatton). Khan through no fault of his own has been over-hyped and is still only POTENTIALLY a good fighter whereas guys like Kev Mitchell are much better fighters and prospects and get nowhere near the exposure of Khan.

I would like to have seen Khan given a real test against someone like John Murray who even as a domestic level fighter is a league above Khan who like has been said has not fought anyone that great. Prescott had a hard punch and was only ever going to try and take Khans head off. And he did it. On a pay per bloody view!!!
  • yeah me 2 carter khan v murray should be the fight after.could be a good tear up 2mora on itv4 murray v Mcallister.I think the same about frank he loves building fighters up on padded records but i think with khans team demanding so much money and him being on ppv and with frank having new prospects 2 feed bums you will see him being a bit more risky with khan.
  • thinking about it the only way this fight could be on pay per view is to put him in with someone like barrera and then all those that want to see him get ko'd again would pay and tune in.

i cant see me stumping up 15 quid for it not when you can watch it on justin tv.com
  • if there is a decent undercard then I might pay the money (or remind welsh lee it's his turn on the ppv boxing) but what annoyed me a little bit is that the fight is in manchester where the fans cheered when he got beat?