Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best Horror Film..

Just been having a chat with work mates about this subject and seems like a good debate, as it got quite heated here in the office. for me its the Exorcist... even at 28 years old i get the wind put up me when i watch it, MAx VonDow is one of the most underated actors of all time..

Exorcist-regan-floating.jpg

Sink if this has done before..

Comments

• The Omen man. Would unnerve me to this day!
  • This seasons highlights dvd
  • Exorcist the uncut version scares the living daylights out of me but for me its probably The Shining. I still can't watch that film all the way through.
  • The Omen still scares me. I do not find the Exorcist that scary. Roesmarys Baby is pretty horrible.

Classic old horror film is Dead of Night, pick it up cheap on Amazon and give it a go. It's very good.
  • The Shining - total quality. Jaws was on last night, not the greatest horror of all time but the ending still grips me!
  • Charlton v Wycombe in the quarter finals of the Carling Cup
  • edited January 2009
    Not the most serious of horror films but any Hammer movie. People with pointy teeth and lots of heaving bosoms: did Christopher Lee have a good time or what? More serious: USA; Carrie & Christine
    GB: Night of the Demon
  • I'm with C_f_W, The Shining for me.
  • edited January 2009
    The Thing. For its time wasn't bad.
    Alien 1
    And more recent 30 Days of Night.

Exorcist on second thoughts must be the best of all time. Still holds your attention today.
  • Myabe it's cos I'm not realy into horrors these days but The Omen, the Shining and Alien remain the three greatest for me
  • Sponsored links:

• TRAILER PARK OF TERROR

But I would say that, as I release it on 26 January 2009

PLUG PLUG!

***** 5 STARS - GOREZONE
    “Destined to acquire cult classic status amongst horror fans” Horror Movies.com
    “A New Genre Classic....” Fangoria Magazine
    “there is no doubting that this grisly gorefest is a genuine crowd-pleaser” Little White Lies
    “Southern-fried horror, that’s finger-licking good” DVD Review

Buy it now ....

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=224;5;72;-1;2&sku=917535

;-)
  • DA9DA9
    edited January 2009
    Hellraiser, very good filmhellraiser_pinhead.jpg
  • edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]TRAILER PARK OF TERROR

But I would say that, as I release it on 26 January 2009

PLUG PLUG!

***** 5 STARS - GOREZONE
    “Destined to acquire cult classic status amongst horror fans” Horror Movies.com
    “A New Genre Classic....” Fangoria Magazine
    "Curb it could have a show on her own" FHM
    “there is no doubting that this grisly gorefest is a genuine crowd-pleaser” Little White Lies
    "You would n't want to meet SuziSausage down a dark alley " The Guardian
    “Southern-fried horror, that’s finger-licking good” DVD Review

Starring Curb-It and SuziSausage with a guest appearance by Ledge

Buy it now ....

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=224;5;72;-1;2&sku=917535

;-)

Sounds good mate
  • The first Halloween movie freaked me out but probably cos i watched it when i was 7 or 8. That music still brings back the childhood memories!
  • Exorcist every time......really chilling even 36 years later...
  • Ah yes of course, Halloween
  • i don't really like horror films, but carrie (original) gets my nod.
  • The Thing by John Carpenter although I class this as Horror/Sci-fi or Event Horizon which again is sci-fi horror
  • How about the original Wicker Man? A cult classic if ever there was one.
  • I would agree with The Shining and Halloween - both films that I cannot watch on my own! In fact, even the book The Shining is scary and I could only read it in daytime. 30 Days of Night recently was good, as was The Descent. I think horrors are better if they are creepy/jumpy/suspense rather than just gore, although I do like a film with a bit of blood!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Pretty watchable modern day horror/thriller

Eden Lake, British made too, out soon I think, watched it on a moody dvd.

Would recommend a watch.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]Pretty watchable modern day horror/thriller

Eden Lake, British made too, out soon I think, watched it on a moody dvd.

Would recommend a watch.[/quote]

It's good - but not better than TRAILER PARK OF TERROR

;-)
  • Salem's lot scarred me as a kid but I watched it again and it was pretty rubbish.

My favourite horror is probably "An American Werewolf in London" although I prefer "night of the Hunter" but it's probably in the film noir genre rather than being considered a horror flick.
  • Rosemarys Baby. Awesome film, actors at the absolute top of their game. A Polanski classic that you can't afford to miss.
  • The Grudge & The Ring (Japanese versions). The atmosphere generated in both is unreal - there are two scenes in The Grudge that had me s***ting myself - and the last scene in The Ring is out of this f***ing world (and I've been watching horror films for 25 years)
  • Subtle Shag, She's still see it though!

The realistic horror still scares me witless there was a low budget indie film called 'Session 9' which i saw a couple of years ago and spent the entire night awake to scared to sleep the only other film ever to do that was Pscyho returns when i was much younger.

Last time i screamed out loud through being scared was playing Resident Evil and the dogs jumped through the window
  • [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]Last time i screamed out loud through being scared was playing Resident Evil and the dogs jumped through the window
    Absofuckinglutely. The scariest moment in a video game ever, bar encountering Pyramid Head or the prison in Silent Hill 2.
  • Event Horizon scared the hell out of me when i was about 12
  • I know it was only a 12 but i found the sixth sense really scary, i still cant watch it without getting the creeps. Very psychologically twisting that film!
  • God knows what it was called but about 8/9 years ago me and an ex watched something on channel 5 that scared the living shit out of me, on the strength of me not knowing what it was called I'll shut my mouth on that one but.

28 days later? I thought it was a film about one bloke just living through all the mess that left until the zombie infected people got involved!! In a big fat cinema with about 12 other people, me and my (at the time) easily scared missus. she waited outside for me (silly cow) after the main mans neighbours jumped though his window! Made me jump did that one but what a good film