Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Reasons for your user name?

Comments

• Options
    Another one in the category of errrmm.... Born and bred Sevenoaks and watching Charlton from the North Lower B Block. Anyone here in there as well?
  • Options
    Well, I'm "On_it" on a certain other forum - basically cos a mate of mine once introduced me to someone by saying "he's always on it" with reference to my alcohol consumption levels.

Now I'm a bit older (and wiser) and the old alcohol intake has dropped a bit - just a tad - and as I'm not posting "on" the other forum I thought I would add a witty and intelligent twist to my original moniker. Obviously couldn't think of one though!!!
  • Options
    Mine dates back to an away game at Crewe the year we came up as champions, although we won 2-0 their fans never stopped singing "Dario Gradi is a football genius". So me and a few mates started calling our since departed manager Curbishley Football Genius. Netaddicks needs four letters digits and at first I was CFG_, until it stopped working then I became CFGS.

Sad, that is what I am
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    A woman who I used to work with a long time ago thought my name was Arthur for what reason I do not know. One of the lads at my work kept calling me it and then my mates picked up on it and I have had the nickname for about 17 years now. It is like 2nd nature. My wife even uses it when amongst the lads as well.

Now changed to Ledge - short for knowledge which has been my life for past 3 years.
  • Options
    les_says...yeah I know a few on here (and the other board!) to talk to....born in charlton and now live and drink in Eltham/Blackheath in various places....the Park Tavern in Eltham in particular!
  • Options
    Because MCS is a spastic and started calling me mortain, which is similar to my surname.
  • Options
    I don't know why, but when signing up for na LoOkHerE just had a nice ring to it and I added the alternating capitals, just for visual effect, but something went wrong on sign up and it came out as above (Should have been LoOkHeRe). Just changed it to LoOkOuT for something just a little different.

For a brief time I created a new user on na, because LoOkHerE had been cloned by someone (Lo0kHerE) called East_Stand_Sit_Dan but that was short lived.

I think I've mentioned it before, but it is not necessary, for those who care about such things, to have names with hyphens and underscores etc unless they are wanted, as usernames on this board can have spaces. And you can change your username too, if you've made a mistake or want to add a space between words etc. under Account/Forum Preferences. Changes will be reflected all the way through your history on the board, so that every comment ever added will be changed to your new username.
  • Options
    Sadly used to drink pre match in the pickwick.......
  • Options
    Was MedwayAddick over with 'that lot', but people started calling me Medders......

And no, I'm not explaining the 'Medway' part of my name!
  • Options
    er cos carling is the main beer in my local with the 'barnehurst massive'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Oh dear, erm well anyone who goes to House music parties will understand. I have been known to dabble in Horse tranquilisers from time to time at the odd after party. Some of my mates just stated calling me Ketman or Mr K for short.

gay parties??
  • Options
    Well. Hayes was my dad's surname and Ben is a shortened version of the name my parents gave me.
  • Options
    I'll admit Carling blokes do hug each other at these parties, got nothing to do with any of them being gay though..!
  • Options
    im only joking mate.... ibiza is virtually my second home so i kinda know the score!!
  • Options
    Ticketty Boo mate. Been this summer ? I Went in July to DJ at Cafe Savannah's, hoping to go again before closing parties finish in September.
  • Options
    Felt a bit out on my own so I've reverted to my old pen name.

When I first started writing for a Charlton Fanzine (Remember, Remember) I needed a pen name and so picked Henry Irving. Charlton fans travelling away in London would met by or march past the Statue of Henry on the North Side of Traflaghar Square. From that came the chant "Henry, Henry Irving oo-oo" and hence the name.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Ticketty Boo mate. Been this summer ? I Went in July to DJ at Cafe Savannah's, hoping to go again before closing parties finish in September.

this is the first summer i havent been yet since 96.. although i am still hoping to get out for a couple of closing parties..
  • Options
    Well....... as was discovered on another board Im actually a fraud I was Mascot against Millwall in 1989 at Shittownwhen polo scored for us...... so really I should be Mascot 89.......
  • Options
    righthandbackward is kinda opposite to leftfootforward

simple as
  • Options
    VanIsle, is short for Vancouver Island, B.C Canada moved here in 85, lived in plumstead, saw my 1st game on my dads shoulders in 53
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    name is part of the latin name for a plant that was the focus of the first comedy sketch I ever got any laughs from.
  • Options
    Always been a fan of the film Jungle Book, especially Balou the bear. He says in the song 'I wanna be like you' - "Hey man, I'm solid gone man......solidgone!" as he was taken with the beat then bursts into song.....with a rab bab bony.

Yeah, I know this is sad but hey ho.
  • Options
    Mine is an anagram of ticked dad.

Or was that dated dick?

I'm never quite sure.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]name is part of the latin name for a plant that was the focus of the first comedy sketch I ever got any laughs from.[/quote]

Is that the sausage tree? If so what and and where was the sketch?
  • Options
    It was a sitcom set in a garden centre. This was a 10 minute episode performed at the comedy pub. Eventually got a full half hour episode in a showcase at the soho theatre in front of the beeb and some other companies but got a polite thanks but no thanks.
  • Options
    Hello
  • Options
    Just taken the L Block off mine as that will be a lie next season.
    My Initials are my user name.
    Genius some say.
  • Options
    Dazzler came from Darrel -> Daz -> Dazzle -> Dazzler

21, I see that number everywhere it must mean something and then Johansson scores or nearly scores a bicycle as no.21 That was when I went from Gordon no. 8 at School to Dazzler no.21 ( I was still in the first side before greg comes to belittle me)

I stopped playing as much soon after and now play everyweek which is fun but I gotta get back into 11 a side!
  • Options
    Live at top of Shooters Hill and am of course a guru for all things football.
  • Options
    I thought it was quite witty. I've had the name since the netaddicks days and couldn't think of anything better, so have kept it going. Have been tempted to change to Bromley Addick to piss off a few people. :-)