Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP David Vine

One of THE faces to front sport in the 70's and 80's.

Comments

• Options
    Bloody hell, where did that come from? This bloke commented on dozens of different sports and had (to have) a good knowledge of them all.

Gawd rest him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]Bloody hell, where did that come from? This bloke commented on dozens of different sports and had (to have) a good knowledge of them all.

Gawd rest him.

Heart attack aged 73.
  • Options
    Died of a heart attack according to Sky News

Grew up watching him on pretty well anything to do with sport...

RIP
  • Options
    RIP. Part of my growing up was watching David Vine on Superstars and Ski Sunday
  • Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/875961.stm

Good article for those interested.
  • Options
    Getting a bit worrying is this: people you grew up with falling of the perch quite regularly. David Vine always came across as cool and calm and very knowledgeable whatever sport he was commentating on. RIP.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Puts it all into perspective.

RIP.
  • Options
    Am humming the ski sunday theme tune in his honour. RIP.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    loved him on the snooker when I was growing up, top man, RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]RIP. Part of my growing up was watching David Vine on Superstars and Ski Sunday

Ditto, very sad indeed.
  • Options
    Original presenter of QofS. I wonder what he made of the awful show it is now?

The BBC had him and the likes of Coleman and Carpenter. True pros. What do we have now Adrian Chiles and host of ex-sportsman who are either wooden or just in it to fuel their inflated egos.
  • Options
    Who remembers Quiz ball ? He hosted that as well I believe.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Who remembers Quiz ball ? He hosted that as well I believe.[/quote]
    I remember Quiz Ball, a great game someone should bring it back! David Vine was brilliant, I always envied him buggering off to the snow for Ski Sunday, what a job!
    The claibre of commentators/reporters has dropped, a shame.
  • Options
    Really great on Ski Sunday, always getting too excited when any Brit got near to finishing the course.

RIP