Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Two young guys died

edited January 2009 in Not Sports Related
in a mountaineering accident in the Alps today. One of them, Rob Gauntlett, was the youngest British guy to climb Everest. Not only did he climb Everest at 19 in 2006 but last year he and another guy, James Hooper, went from North Pole to South Pole under their own steam.

RIP Rob.

Puts Championship and league 1 in to proper perspective and I address that to myself as much as anybody else.

Comments

• True. Same as the stuff going on in Gaza...sitting here feeling sorry for myself about Charlton then watching the news tonight puts everything into perspective.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]One of them, Rob Gauntlett, was the youngest British guy to climb Everest.

Breaking Bear Grylls' record I think.

Too true about perspective.
  • Yes a lot of things put the fact that we are going down into perspective..............
  • truely tragic I agree BUT it doesn't actually affect my life. How Charlton Athletic do affects my life probably more than it should do. It does put a defeat into perspective for a while but when I wake tomorrow it will be the plight of Charlton Athletic that is at the forefront of my mind.
  • Rob Gauntlett gave a talk to my school last year, afterwards got to shake his hand and he seemed like a really nice bloke,

RIP