Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Few things about last night

I could go on about the same things that everybody else has said so just a few other things I noticed last night.

Henchoz - The fella was clearly unfit in my eyes and didnt break into a jog let alone a sprint all night (he was still a very clever defender mind you)and I dont think we infiltrated that as much as we could have. Marucs Bent did when he came on and won the free kick.

Carson - He was kicking every ball when we was on the attack in the second half, his passion was unbelieivable and went mad when we scored.

Kishishev - What we have been missing, most posts put Reid as MOM but Kish was for me, covered every blade of grass.

Reid - God, if that fella had a right foot he would be pushing to be one of the best creative midfielders in the country, It is a shame really as he is so, so Left footed. This sometimes loses him half a second that he would have if he had a right foot, which IN MY OPINION could have mad him as good as Gazza. Dont get me wrong I still think he is great.

Diawarra - Quality, even if we stay up I think he will eventually play for one of the 'big boys'

El Kak - I shouted 'effin leave it to Reid' Same as I shouted 'float it in the box' to Beckham against Greece.

South Stand - Sat there for the first time since the Stadium has been done (last time against Leeds in the FA Cup!) Heard a few saying on the Bus that the crowd was loud last night. Let me tell you, it was silent to what I have heard in the ground with 10'000 in. Maybe down to nerves but the atmosphere is still shoit. Blackburn faces where a picture, sitting right next to them, couldnt stop laughing.

Onwards and upwards

Comments

• It's The JIMMY SEED Stand.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]It's The JIMMY SEED Stand.

LOL!!!
  • in time that will be forgotten though. Th Covered End seems to be fading out of terminology now there is the upper and lower split.

CPL, agree what you mean about Reid, absolute quality, but you know beforehand where he is going to turn and check out, purely because he is so dominated by his left.

And why does a left foot always seem more cultured that a right ?
  • As a coach I would 'muller' one of my lads if they continually ignored their 'weaker' foot!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]I could go on about the same things that everybody else has said so just a few other things I noticed last night.

Kishishev - What we have been missing, most posts put Reid as MOM but Kish was for me, covered every blade of grass.

I say this all the time but as I am new to this board I feel I can say it again!

In my opinion this is completely what is wrong with Kish. I know he has passion I know he really wants to the ball and I know that when he takes a long shot you never really know where its going but........

This is what school children do. If you watch a game of under 12s they all follow the ball round the pitch. Kish all to often leaves his man in pursuit of the ball, I have seen him on more than one occasion in the past tackle our own men for the ball. One occasion he got a right bollocking from HH for taking the ball of him.

I love his passion for the game but I wish he would direct it towards the position that he plays in and not try and cover every blade of grass.
  • I think Reids apparent overuse of his left is highlighted by all you right footers. I see it all the time in right footed players being left footed myself.
    My biggest critisism of him at the moment is him losing posesion in central areas too often.

PS Dennis Bergkamp was one of the most one footed players I've ever seen.
  • edited December 2006
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]PS Dennis Bergkamp was one of the most one footed players I've ever seen.

Stone - you have obviously never seen Heather Mills play.
  • edited December 2006
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]in time that will be forgotten though. Th Covered End seems to be fading out of terminology now there is the upper and lower split.

It will only fade if people allowed it to. Hence the reminders. Maybe we need a "covered end Choir banner"
  • I don`t post often, but fading out, please!!!!!
  • Pleeeeze do not have a banner with "covered end choir" its sounds so.......[mmnnn....considers PC implications] ......soft.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great night last night sitting there in the last few thinking this is the end of us in the premiership, when wham in it goes.

Great passion by both players and fans that shows if you show them your trying we will back them no matter where they are.

Think reidy is already becoming a cult figure even noticed the NSL cheering when taking the corners.

Also felt you could see why we gave away late goals at Sheffield because towards the end last night we were getting deeper and deeper in the midfield looking scared to lose the point.

One negative Darren Bent last night don't get me wrong I love the guy and think he has excellent potential to be top top quality, but he needs to learn that he cannot always peel away and play of the shoulder of the defender all the time.

There were several occasions last night when he should have received the ball into feet but run into blind alleys making it impossible for the player to feed it to him. The occasions i can think of off the top of my head is Andy reid in the first half he ran behind the 2 centres halfs, and occasion when M.Bent put his hands up to moan at him when over by the east stand crying for support.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]in time that will be forgotten though. Th Covered End seems to be fading out of terminology now there is the upper and lower split.

It will only fade if people allowed it to. Hence the reminders. Maybe we need a "covered end Choir banner"

I could have done that, but someone really wanted 'C'mon you Addicks' so he got his way ;o)