Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Travel to USA - Help Required

edited January 2009 in Not Sports Related
Anyone know the score with US travel thesedays. I have a passport with a few years left on it but it's not a MRP. Do I then need a Visa?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    It's all changed again now - no more green forms, you have to do it online before you travel. You're best off checking with the passport office I think...
  • Options
    It depends on the type of passport. If yours has got a barcode that can be read, you're OK. Latest passports have the chip imbedded but mine was just barcoded. We got back In October. All relevant info is on line as well.
  • Options
    Chirpy, I've not yet used the new system because it doesn't come in until next week but I've got to use it in Feb and am told it is very simple (famous last words!).

As Medders says, after this weekend no more filling in the green visa waiver form on the plane. You have to register on-line before travelling, via something called the Electronic System for Travel Authorization programme...
  • Options
    And here's the very memorable website address for ESTA

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/
  • Options
    Cheers all.
  • Options
    I'm sure this will not be relevant in your case but an important detail is that if you have ever been nicked - for anything, you can not register with ESTA. You will need to get a visa (which can currently take up to 4 months).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: GorgeousGeorge[/cite]I'm sure this will not be relevant in your case but an important detail is that if you have ever been nicked - for anything, you can not register with ESTA. You will need to get a visa (which can currently take up to 4 months).

Tell me about it, got a knock back last year, told I have to wait 5 years before I can even apply again, and even then there's no guarantees.