Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Errors making you laughing stock of the office (No. 162)

Thought I'd share with you my lunch time cock-up

Was a bit lazy yesterday in the office and couldnt be bothered to go and wash my tea mug up, so I put a squirt of washing up liquid in it and put in a drop of water with the intention of washing it up first thing this morning. However, I never got around to it.

At lunch, I made a cup of tea to have with my sandwich and the phone rang. A few minutes later, deep in conversation, I took a large gulp of my tea...

...except it wasnt my tea. Cue a shriek, and much laughter amongst my colleagues...

Ladies & Gents, the moral of the story, always wash your tea mug at the end of the day otherwise it comes back to haunt you!

Comments

• blimey John, dont you have someone one to wash it for you... times must be hard. ;-)
  • My stupidity in the office claim to fame happened many years ago.

I had my briefcase stolen so used a Tescos carrier bag as a temporary measure. The next morning I was a bit late and a bit bleary so I picked up the Tescos carrier bag from where I left it the night before and went to work.

It wasn't until I was in the office and looked inside the bag that I saw it was full of my (then) baby daughter's dirty nappies! (Terry towelling not disposable in those days).

I still get reminded of that faux pas to this day!
  • lol... what did you do with the nappies. double sack them and carry them home again?
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]lol... what did you do with the nappies. double sack them and carry them home again?

Hurriedly stuck them in the car out the way and begged, stealed or borrowed the stuff I'd left at home.
  • How about this one - five or six years ago I worked as a sys admin for a small company - so small that i was the only IT bod at the site I worked, which meant I regularly had to do all the monkey jobs like tape changing, patching, desktop replacements etc. One evening I repatched under all the desks. The staff were messy f***ers (like most lUsers are) and the cables were ridiculously long. I'd got cracking on this early because I wanted to get down the Valley (can't remember who we were playing - it might have been the West Ham 4-4 game) so there were still dozens of people in the office at the time. As I tried to climb out from under a desk one of the patch cables snagged on something, wrapped itself round my neck and nearly strangled me. As I yelped (or attempted to yelp) in surprise I tried to unwrap it from my neck with my hand, pulled another cable and, in the process, dropped the entire contents of someone's desk (phone, monitorm, stapler, papers - the lot) onto my still-prone body.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]How about this one - five or six years ago I worked as a sys admin for a small company - so small that i was the only IT bod at the site I worked, which meant I regularly had to do all the monkey jobs like tape changing, patching, desktop replacements etc. One evening I repatched under all the desks. The staff were messy f***ers (like most lUsers are) and the cables were ridiculously long. I'd got cracking on this early because I wanted to get down the Valley (can't remember who we were playing - it might have been the West Ham 4-4 game) so there were still dozens of people in the office at the time. As I tried to climb out from under a desk one of the patch cables snagged on something, wrapped itself round my neck and nearly strangled me. As I yelped (or attempted to yelp) in surprise I tried to unwrap it from my neck with my hand, pulled another cable and, in the process, dropped the entire contents of someone's desk (phone, monitorm, stapler, papers - the lot) onto my still-prone body.

If that happened today you'd be able to sue for a breach of health and safety...
  • After a rather late winter night once i rushed to get ready for work the next morning in the dark. Iset off for work thinkin all was good.Sat at my desk a little worse for wear and decided breakie was in order walked around my desk to the kitchen when the secretary kindly pointed out to everyone who would listen that i had indeed 1 brown and 1 black shoe on. Que me sitting behind the desk for the rest of the day very sheepish!!
  • unreal you leave it to lunchtime for tea

By then im on teh 4th or 5th
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]blimey John, dont you have someone one to wash it for you... times must be hard. ;-)

Oh I wish I wish... even our dishwasher died about 6 months ago and was never replaced ;o(
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]blimey John, dont you have someone one to wash it for you... times must be hard. ;-)[/quote]

Oh I wish I wish... even our dishwasher died about 6 months ago and was never replaced ;o([/quote]

How old was she?
  • Sponsored links:

• I went to work with odd shoes on as girlfriend had day off and didnt want to turn on the light and wake her up. Only noticed about 3.30 in afternoon.
    No one else in the office had noticed either, despite one shoe being square toes and the other pointy.
    Felt quite conspicuous on the tube home though.
    At least they were both slipons i suppose.
  • [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]

If that happened today you'd be able to sue for a breach of health and safety...

Amen to that Heath - cable management gone badly wrong LOL
  • I don't know how he did it but the head honcho at one of my places of employment had a large office with 2 doors next to each other set in the wall opposite where he sat. Whenever I had to visit him, when I turned to leave, I always found myself faced with the same question 'which door did I come in by?'. The times I walked into that bloody broom cupboard instead of opening the correct door! I'm sure he pushed a button somewhere to swap them over. Bastard!
  • [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]blimey John, dont you have someone one to wash it for you... times must be hard. ;-)

Oh I wish I wish... even our dishwasher died about 6 months ago and was never replaced ;o(

How old was she?

74, bless her...