Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stern John anyone

edited January 2009 in Rumours
Is he still available?

Was loaned out by Southampton to Bristol City late last year. Got a few goals in his career and did a job for a struggling Saints team.

Also knocked Millwall out of the play-offs with a last minute goal so I like him.

Comments

• Options
    id rather have john sterne...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Also knocked Millwall out of the play-offs with a last minute goal so I like him.

legend based on that.....
    i'm pretty sure deon burton scored the goal for someone that also sent them down years ago ..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]id rather have john sterne...

The Bishop of Colchester?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

legend based on that.....
    i'm pretty sure deon burton scored the goal for someone that also sent them down years ago ..

It's all making sense now.
  • Options
    better than what we have
  • Options
    Is Stern John any better than Deon Burton? Can't be much in it.
    I wonder if the Charlton board look on here for any transfer inspiration?

I know Dowie used to. ;-)
  • Options
    And Pardew used YouTube, so the story goes.

;o)
  • Options
    No thanks

2 goals in 12 apps for Bristol City.

Always looked overweight to me too.
  • Options
    I think anyway he is still at Bristol City till the end of the season
  • Options
    shame my inside info will diminish
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]id rather have john sterne...

thanks for that just don't tell tavern
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    or your own fiance!
  • Options
    He extended his loan until the end of the season - source BBC website.
  • Options
    i'd rather have Howard Stern
  • Options
    That story is appalling reading for a Southampton fan... no wonder they've got £29million of external debt. Jeez.
  • Options
    In that article, there's also reference to our old chum, Jason Joseph Euell:

"The most amazing sums, though, show that midfielder Jason Euell was given a two-year contract with a £10,000 a week salary and a £200,000 signing on fee for BOTH his two seasons at St Mary's.

That means Saints will be paying the former Wimbledon, Charlton and Middlesbrough player a startling £720,000 for each year of his contract."

I didn't know he was completely deaf in one ear.

He shares the same birthday as Bob Marley, and will be 32 on 6 February.

Would you have him back, if the opportunity arose?
  • Options
    He's out of contract at Soton, but back training with them. They want him but can't offer a contract until a takeover goes through. They say his fitness ain't great and he is 32.
    However, he knows where the net is.
    Worth a trial ?
  • Options
    This is one of the difficult parts of accepting our new status. No names raise anything other than an inner groan for me. My thoughts really are sign who we sign then lets see them on the 8th August and I just hope they will be better than I fear
  • Options
    I doubt he is any better than what we already have, so its a no for me. Don't see the point in replacing one ineffective striker for another. Surely we can get a kid from Man Utd given we gave them McGinty.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Macheda anyone? :L
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: JakeCAFC_94[/cite]Macheda anyone? :L[/quote]

is that a cocktail?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JakeCAFC_94[/cite]Macheda anyone? :L

Unfortunately I think a 17 year old that has played 1 or 2 games, is too good for us :-(
  • Options
    If you read the McGinty post you will see that Charlton tried to get Lee Martin, united winger, on loan as part of the McGinty deal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: heavenSE7[/cite]If you read the McGinty post you will see that Charlton tried to get Lee Martin, united winger, on loan as part of the McGinty deal.

Nice goal against Palace in the FA Cup Final reply but surely getting on a bit now : - )
  • Options
    Maybe we can get a last minute deal for Stern John!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Morts-Genius[/cite]Maybe we can get a last minute deal for Stern John!

Stern John in the last minute you mean. That rings a bell for some reason.
  • Options
    Unsung hero without wearing the shirt!