Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Like winning a cup final !!

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
We huffed and we puffed, just didn't look like it was going to happen.

Couldn't of faulted the effort tonight, just for 91 minutes we simply did not look good enough. Always looked likely they may do us on the counter and if they had an ounce of thought of getting anything other than a draw, i felt they would of done us. Their content attitude left them there for the taking.

Kish done well, but Hughes was the big improvement for me. Slated him in the past but happy to give praise where praise is due. Worked hard all night. Reid is so influential to our set up, probably too influential to be honest. But kept plugging away and was our only source of a through ball.

Sam played between Bent and the midfield. Tried hard but looked a bit 'rabbit in the headlights'. Worthy of his chance, but is going to have to toughen up as he got knocked over far too easily. Just seen the pen appeal again and it was a definate pen. Benty just simply isn't the Benty of last season at the mo. Don't know if he was carrying a knock, but looks so short of confidence.

Overall, we deserved the win. Players gave their all which is all you can ask. The celebration was like nothing i've seen since Robbo equalised against Man Yoo !!

Not dead yet.

Comments

• the words in your subject title sums it up for me

never before have i looped quite like that, it seemed to go on for ages, dont even no what to type
  • The faces around me were a picture of absolute delight and smiles that were wider than the Grand canyon. Fucking Magic!
  • I was gutted, I had us down to lose 0-2 in the NA predictions! :-)
  • Sometimes Stone, it can be nice to be gutted :o)
  • edited December 2006
    We Played Really Well In Spells,Had Some Sloppy Patches But Showed The Effort Workrate And Commitment,Sam Will Learn And Come Good, It's Earl Days For Him But He Looks Fresh,We Must Be Quicker With The Distribution And Be More Mindfull In Defence, The Players Worked Hard And At Least Tried To Close Down Blackburn,They Knew We Were Up For It Early Doors With Some Good no nonsense Tackles And The Crowd Also Played A Big Part,A Great Way To Finish A game We Deserved To Win,I Took My 7 Year Old Daughter And She Went Absolutely Wild When The Goal Went In. Onwards And Upwards!
    P/s. Showed The Colin Walsh Goal,Portsmouth Game And Asked Me If He Was Playing, Happy Days!
  • i thought the boys worked hard tonight, especially when not in possesion. the number of times we won the ball high up the pitch is testament to that. make no mistake we deserved not to lose, and if anyone deserved to win it was us. blackburn offered nothing except for the chance late in the first half which carson got down to well, where herman got caught ball watching.

on the subject of herman, i reckon he's had about 5 decent chances to score this season and fluffed the lot of 'em, tonights free header another prime example. come on herm, we need you to start burying a few of those son!!!

lloyd sam a positive for me tonight, worked hard, got bustled off the ball a couple of times but a few nice touches and passed the ball well. he will come on for that game.

no wide players tonight, placed a heavy reliance on reid to create in the middle. a bit concerned that oppo managers will try and block him out the game if we play that 4-3-1-2 formation and then we'll struggle to have an outlet.

great celebrations for the goal, especially curb it almost wetting herself.

boys and girls, who's bottom of the league - it aint us!!!!

WE ARE STAYING UP!!!!!!!!!
  • Perhaps i was being a bit harsh on Sam. The important thing he gave us was he looked fresh, keen, and importantly wanted the ball. Just needs to stay on his feet a bit more.
  • and what a great signing Carson has proved to be. Bet Mills is taking the credit for that one :-)
  • I've just got in and straight on here!!!

Unbelievable!!!

Well done Les for bringing Kish in and have they been feeding Hughsie raw meat during his absence? A couple of crunching tackles from him tonight I never knew he had it in him!

Just hope Traore is ok as I definitely prefer him to Hermann at left back.

WE ARE STAYING UP SAY WE ARE STAYING UP!!!!
  • Traore another hamstring tweak. Getting ridiculous the amount we are getting.

Hopefully not too serious though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Traore ran off pretty sharpish didn't he?? couldn't have been a leg/foot related injury
  • can i get a 2nd opinion ;-)
  • never seen an injured player run off so quick ! I reckon he'd just got a text off the missus.

Len, i bet you felt like a parent at graduation day seeing Kish running around !!
  • edited December 2006
    Kish was ecstatic afterwards. That guy may not be the most talented ever to wear our shirt but he is one of the most committed and it rubbed off on the others tonight. If only that shot of his in the first half had gone in instead of just wide!

Sam looked up for it a little bit lightweight but no more so than Rommedahl. The oppo are not going to know that much about him so that might work to our advantage.

I thought we were looking excellent till Traore went off. They came into it a bit more after that but we deserved it tonight.

I had something in my eye at the end.
  • I though the midfield were excellent tonight (first time I have said that all season). Kish & Hughes were both inspirational, Reid was the fulcrum of all our attacks and played (another) blinder, Faye was quiet but effective and Sam took a real beating from the Blackburn defenders but did keep coming back for more. He looked like a boxer at the end of 15 rounds when he came off. He obviously needs to strengthen up a lot but give the kid some credit, he did well.

I couldn't believe some of the passes that Kish was spraying around and he almost played Darren in with a couple of absolute beauties.

Well played boys... just need to keep that attitude going now.
  • Kish & Hughes- both much malined- both excellent today

Major team effort tonight- credit to Reed for taking the decision to make those changes- Sam was excellent until he went off-

Thought there was fire in our bellies tonight - keep it there and no reason why we won't comfortably stay up!

A very good day!
  • Boy, did we need that. I'm ashamed to say I ended up hugging the woman who sits next me after the goal went in, such was the relief. Rational discussion of the pros and cons of the team can come tomorrow, tonight I'm just bathing in the warm glow of 3 points. :-)
  • Light years ahead of anything else I've seen from us all season.

And what a match for Lloyd Sam. Well done lads.
  • edited December 2006
    And just watched the goal on Sky Sports News (that'll mean highlights at the top of each hour and 40 past until 6am, because this hour's repeated all night ) and the camera gantry was shaking after El Kak's goal... even the east stand was jumping!
  • [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Boy, did we need that. I'm ashamed to say I ended up hugging the woman who sits next me after the goal went in, such was the relief. Rational discussion of the pros and cons of the team can come tomorrow, tonight I'm just bathing in the warm glow of 3 points. :-)

I got hugged by a young chap sat next to me too, we were all going bonkers!!!!! Then he declares at the very end I'm not coming again for the rest of the season so good luck..................I was like ' no!!!!!!!!!' if we don't win again I'll move heaven & earth to find you fella!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Almost as good as the Pringle goal that gave us a 2-2 January draw against Newcastle after about 8 straight defeats.

Now that really ddi feel like winning the FA Cup!
  • [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]I was gutted, I had us down to lose 0-2 in the NA predictions! :-)

You must've been gutted that you missed the goal as well! Still, at least you were probably tucked up in bed with a nice cup of Horlicks by 10.30 ;O)
  • was Stone an early leaver as well ?
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]was Stone an early leaver as well ?

Yep...The whole row leave en masse at the ninety minute mark
  • edited December 2006
    Always do unless i'm doing a coach trip. Shame to miss agoal once in a blue moon but hey ho.