Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Phantoms FC

LONDON SE7 -- Charlton Phantoms are new football club that is starting up and
looking for a ground to share.

Players signed up, to date, include Cory Gibbs, Martin Christensen, Dean
Sinclair, Stuart Fleetwood, Chris Dickson, Izale McLeod, Paulo Monteiro, Mikkel
Jensen, Osei Sankofa, Jesper Blomqvist, Charlie MacDonald, Scott McGleish, Neil
McCafferty, James Walker and Darren Randolph.

Iain Dowie and Alan Pardew will serve as joint managers. Dowie will be
answerable to the PLC Board; Pardew will report to the Football Board. Board
members, and supporters, will need to bring their own joints to matches.

Interested players are requested to send a postcard to Mr. A.Mills, address
not given.

Comments

• Shouldn't this thread be under 'General Charlton' category......?

;o)
  • No room for the Iranian Zidane ???
  • Tony Caig or Anti Niemi over Randolph as well shirley?
  • Dorian Smith didn't even make the bench of the phantoms team !!
  • what happened to that nutty looking Romainian Pards got in to have a look at did he even play a reserve game ????
  • Gonzalo Sorondo and Omar Puoso are the latest recruits, after Arnie Warren's recent junket to Argentina. No one is crying for them!
  • Patrice Loko !
  • Other potential squad members:

Dean Chandler
    Duncan Horton
    Viggo Jacobsen
    Francis Jeffers
    Johnny Ostergaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard
    Omar Pouso
    Chris Wilder
  • Zheng Zhi qualifies for this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Arnie - Blimey that really is a blast from the past.

Tuggy to be Kit manager
  • Paul Rahubka - Takes the shirt shirt from Caig
  • Can we find a midfield slot for The Vinh Nyguan ??
  • Use your loaf, don't forget Tom Hovis

;o)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Arnie - Blimey that really is a blast from the past.

Tuggy to be Kit manager[/quote]

Arnie gave me a club tie inside a portacabin at Selhurst Park. Might have been in 1986 or 1988, can't recall for sure, but Lennie was the manager, and Mike Flanagan, whom I was acquainted with from his time with the New England Tea Men, was the first team coach. Arnie was shocked that Charlton had an American fan. Actually there were many, due to Flanagan, Paddy Powell and Lawrie Abrahams with the Tea Men.

I still have the tie.

I remember complaining to Tuggy that the badge on the Back To The Valley shirts was not a proper club badge. I heard he has since gone on to bigger things, stocking shelves at a Sainsbury and collecting train tickets as a conductor.
  • Iain Ferguson & Mike Small could also be in the squad.
  • [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Arnie - Blimey that really is a blast from the past.

Tuggy to be Kit manager

He's just joined Charlton Life.

Welcome, Tuggy Red.

;o)
  • Rueben Agboola would surely secure the right back berth, with Alexi Mich ..... Mick .... the Russian fella in midfield.
  • Mark Tivey on the wing

And one for the Womans team ... Nicola Berti
  • What about Ray Tumbridge!
  • Sponsored links:

• Emeka Iffyjigwa (sp?) at left back as well.
  • I'll see your Emeka Iffyjigwa and i'll raise you Juan Cobain
  • [cite]Posted By: PeteF[/cite]What about Ray Tumbridge!

Blimey haven't heard that name in a while. Think I remember him playing for Dartford when me, my dad and grandad used to go regularly. They were Southern Premier then, just before they went up into the Conference.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Nug[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: PeteF[/cite]What about Ray Tumbridge![/quote]

Blimey haven't heard that name in a while. Think I remember him playing for Dartford when me, my dad and grandad used to go regularly. They were Southern Premier then, just before they went up into the Conference.[/quote]

We used to have him and Colin Powell coach us at school, I think that is where they found Paul Walsh. Ray Tumbridge was rather good at own goals I recall!
  • [cite]Posted By: PeteF[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Nug[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PeteF[/cite]What about Ray Tumbridge!

Blimey haven't heard that name in a while. Think I remember him playing for Dartford when me, my dad and grandad used to go regularly. They were Southern Premier then, just before they went up into the Conference.

We used to have him and Colin Powell coach us at school, I think that is where they found Paul Walsh. Ray Tumbridge was rather good at own goals I recall!

I remember him being a rather aggresive player. Saw a few games kick-off back then. My dad always used to go on about a game he saw between Dartford and Gravesend one Boxing day when all the players were sent off! Not sure how true that was!
  • From Sky Sports News:

Sky Sports News can reveal that Charlton Phantoms have snapped up Portuguese ace Goncalo Brandao on a free transfer. It is unknown who he last played for, as nobody has actually heard of him since he was once mentioned on www.cafc.co.uk.

However, one player not player moving to the Phantoms is goalkeeper and fellow Portuguese Sergio Leite. Leite confirmed that he was staying at Portuguese Division 9 relegation candidates FC Charltonenses because he thought a first team place would be out of his reach given the fine form of Ben Roberts. Rumours of a wage dispute over a packet of Smokey Bacon crisps were dismissed.
  • Viggo Jacobsen's the man for this team!