Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parky hints Zhi to go?

edited December 2008 in General Charlton
I just saw a link from the ITV site with the header "parkinson hints at Zhi exit" I'm on a mobile and couldn't open the link...yet another bit of Parky stay evidence?

Comments

• Course it is!

They have there plan all ready in january, but it has gone wrong by Parky not managing to win a game.

Zizi will go anyway, probably for something like a mill or less.
  • Will free up new funds for how many ever players we need. He's a luxury we don't need anymore.
  • No suprises there, that was always going to happen. I just wish it was Zhi hinting that Parky was going.
  • Can't see a lot of funds from this, but maybe clears a prem salary off the books
  • edited December 2008
    We tried to get him out before the season as he must be highest earner at the club but couldn't quite do it, he was injured in the Summer wasn't he but it states elsewhere he's been injured since October? Anything up to a mill for us is a hell of a lot of money...
  • he is a player that we with out doubt vould do with right now just behind a central striker the only footballer left on the books who is not 16 that we have left
  • Zhi to go?
    The words: bears, woods, in, sh*i the and do come to mind.
  • zheng zhi's injury will miraculouly be cured when the transfer window opens - just like Andy Reid's did
  • They said a few days ago he'll be back in January, and that's what they said when he first got injured.
  • [cite]Posted By: Spankie[/cite]We tried to get him out before the season as he must be highest earner at the club but couldn't quite do it, he was injured in the Summer wasn't he but it states elsewhere he's been injured since October? Anything up to a mill for us is a hell of a lot of money...

Amazing to me how we as supporters have become so accepting of losing all of our quality players. I appreciate we have no money, but surely there has to be a balance between selling all of our main assets & keeping a couple of them who may just help get us out of current situation. Perhaps we should starting touting Shelvey around while we're at it.
  • Sponsored links:

• They said a week ago that 'ZZ would be returning to training in about a month'.

So probably about 3 weeks or so from now?

Gives him a week to get himself match-fit and sold before the window slams shut.

And if by some chance he's not sold, he'll suffer a mysterious injury in training on the 4th February, which will mean
    3 months recuperation back home in China. And he'll get paid for it.

Cynical, aren't I......?

;o)
  • didnt Parker get "injured" a few weeks before he was sold.
  • ZZ apparently has a metal screw in his foot, after breaking a bone in training in November. That screw will be removed next week, and he will need 3-4 weeks in order to get match fit.

That said, he is our most talented player ... and a potential answer to what is our biggest black hole on the pitch -- central midfield.

He is what the club should be looking to bring in, not to sell off.

I think he should stay, and help to fight off relegation.

Also, he may have more than just this season on his contract. If so, he'd be just as valuable, if not moreso, in the close season, than he is now coming off injury. And we'd get to keep him for the battle (so long as the board are willing to continue to pay his wages).

At this point, we need to be hanging on to our precious few quality players, not flogging them off simply to get a fee. Unless that fee is used to buy 2-3 new players that can do the job.
  • I have heard so many comments about how our midfield cannot keep possession. He's the one man that can. I know lots of people don't rate him but you can't deny he keeps the ball moving and in our possession. Unless he is replaced by someone with those skills we are going to struggle to put together a run of winning games.
  • At least, ZZ's had a long rest since the China Olympics last August.

He better not be tired ...!

;o)
  • I don't believe he is our best player by any means, i like him but as already said he is a luxury player,we can get by without him, All he does is play short passes and gets the odd goal but we had Reid and co last season when he was doing that, he would of struggled to score any this season, he goes missing too much like Ambrose did aswell.

Sell him and get him off the wage bill, Let our youngsters fill in the Center midfield role, we have some talented ones that aren't getting anywehre near the 11 atm like Shelvey and Wright.
  • [cite]Posted By: Mike_CAFC[/cite]I don't believe he is our best player by any means, i like him but as already said he is a luxury player,we can get by without him,

All he does is play short passes and gets the odd goal but we had Reid and co last season when he was doing that, he would of struggled to score any this season, he goes missing too much like Ambrose did aswell.

He does play short passes, a lot of them, which links up the whole attack, and his constant movement pulls defenders out of position and creates space and opportunity for team mates.

And, with or without Reid he does indeed get the odd goal ...... 9 very odd goals last season, primarily because he comes ghosting into the box not picked up.

Goes missing? Rather sometimes he gets bypassed, while our defenders are lumping it over everybody's heads.

Perhaps we can't get by without him. The last time he played was the last time we won.
  • Can't remember him making much of an impact at all in that game either...
  • Whilst it would be a waste of his talent I'm sure he would add a touch of badly needed class at centre back, a position he's never played in for us.
  • His contract is up in the summer, so if we're going to get any cash for him, it has to be now.

However, what we have the prospect of, is a properly rested ZZ who can (hopefully) come back to us with bags of energy & enthusiasm. We've never had the benefit of him being fully rested as he's played virtually non-stop for the last 5-6 years without a summer break and with loads of long-haul travel thrown-in. He COULD be the one that saves our season.......
  • Sponsored links:

• That was his first start of the season, Mike - his match fitness wouldn't have been so sharp.
    You'll remember that Bailey scored after just a few minutes and then was injured, being replaced by Holland.

Holland and ZZ don't compliment each other well, as we know - so not an ideal pairing.
    But to me he stood out as one of our better performers that day.

His movement and neat passing we've sorely missed since.
  • He's a decent player, one of the more talented ones at the club, but can't dominate the midfield, isn't a ball winner and isn't particularly creative with his passing (though as said his movement and short passing does help us attack).

In the right team he'd probably look very good, but he'd need players in the midfield that can win the ball, and players that can create chances and pass it around with him.

We've not had enough strength and creativity in our midfield a lot of games, he doesn't really add either of those things.
  • [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]Whilst it would be a waste of his talent I'm sure he would add a touch of badly needed class at centre back, a position he's never played in for us.

Would struggle against any physical strikers, and most clubs have at least one striker like that.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]Whilst it would be a waste of his talent I'm sure he would add a touch of badly needed class at centre back, a position he's never played in for us.

Would struggle against any physical strikers, and most clubs have at least one striker like that.

Point taken but that's what the likes of Fortune and Hudson are there for. Most decent defences have a centre back with mobility but we (by virtue of limited options) have had to play two "hoofers" all season together.
  • edited December 2008
    Ah, but Sco ..... along with mstone, we are part of a triumvirate of advocates for the famous 'Curbs crafty lopsided midfield tactic', remember?

We have one right winger (we've only got one anyway).

Three centre mids - a ballwinner anchoring (Semedo), a headless chicken dementedly covering every blade of grass, in opponents faces and giving the ball away cheaply (Bailey) - and la voila! Zheng Zhi (our Martin Peters) defending from the front and linking the attack, ghosting in unmarked to score odd goals.

That would leave a channel on the left flank for Mac Cleverly to overlap and do his stuff.

See, it's a cunning plan.

;o)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]His contract is up in the summer, so if we're going to get any cash for him, it has to be now.

However, what we have the prospect of, is a properly rested ZZ who can (hopefully) come back to us with bags of energy & enthusiasm. We've never had the benefit of him being fully rested as he's played virtually non-stop for the last 5-6 years without a summer break and with loads of long-haul travel thrown-in. He COULD be the one that saves our season.......[/quote]

I may be wrong, but I have heard there is another year on his contract through 2009-10. And even if it did run out at the end of the season, his value in a Januray transfer would be much less than his value in helping to keep Charlton up.
  • Ah, but AA, it's not so much about the value of keeping Charlton in the Championship.

More about selling the family silver - while we've still some to sell.

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]I may be wrong, but I have heard there is another year on his contract through 2009-10. And even if it did run out at the end of the season, his value in a Januray transfer would be much less than his value in helping to keep Charlton up.

Agree 100%. We need some inspiration from somewhere and he'd be like a new signing and better than anyone we are likely to bring in this january.
  • [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]His contract is up in the summer, so if we're going to get any cash for him, it has to be now.

However, what we have the prospect of, is a properly rested ZZ who can (hopefully) come back to us with bags of energy & enthusiasm. We've never had the benefit of him being fully rested as he's played virtually non-stop for the last 5-6 years without a summer break and with loads of long-haul travel thrown-in. He COULD be the one that saves our season.......

I may be wrong, but I have heard there is another year on his contract through 2009-10. And even if it did run out at the end of the season, his value in a Januray transfer would be much less than his value in helping to keep Charlton up.
    He signed a 2 year contract in 2007.
    I agree - it's probably worth biting the bullet and letting him go for free in the summer, but the question remains "How much will a sale bring in?" and are the club in big enough financial straits that the money men insist on selling him?
  • obviously being over here, have seen precious little of him, but it seems clear that he is a quality player. More importantly, one would think that keeping him to see if his quality is a potential answer to a problem area for the club is a smart risk to take, risking only a potential fee. (particularly when contrasted with the other risks we're considering and have taken in the past, rolling the dice with a player already in the squad seems like a good one to me!) Surely we've learned that cashing in on our most marketable assets comes at a significant long term cost?