Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So Charlton ARE prepared to sell Bent..

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
For £15 million. According to Glenn Roeder.

So when Murray says Darren Bent is not for sale at ANY price.. he was prepared to sell him for £15 million if Newcastle had the balls to pay that in the summer.

Comments

• every play at every level has a price Tom. I'm suprised and impressed Murray put such a high price on him in the Summer.
  • It's possible that figure is written into his contract as an escape clause.
  • Well Roeder wants him!But he reckons if he asks us it would send out a terrible message to us Charlton fans!
  • [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]Well Roeder wants him!

I'm sure he does, I reckon any player who can score 20+ a season would get a start at most clubs in the EPL.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]Well Roeder wants him!

I'm sure he does, I reckon any player who can score 20+ a season would get a start at most clubs in the EPL.
    Yes and he would be playing for England as well!
  • edited December 2006
    True I know every player has hes price, just thought I'd post that the club WOULD sell for £15 million. This means alot of clubs now are going to know this and bid around 15 million and also if they are not in a relegation battle they will probably get a bid accepted for him.
  • I would eagerly snap up that £15m and head straight down the offy to get some beers in.
  • if a club come in with £15m in Jan, i think i would go with it, regardless of our position at the time to be honest.
  • So would I, but it depends on the replacements, realistically we need another striker, two if Bent goes as M Bent isn't up to scoring more than one in every six games and JFH looks like he's on his way out. That still leaves us light up front, so we need to add an attacking goal scoring midfielder as well.

From £15m minus the money owing to Ipswich we have the funds to do that.
  • if someone offered £15m in january we would snap their hands off.
  • Sponsored links:

• A number of years ago, pre Parker's departure, I was attending a Basingstoke Supporters evening where Richard Murray was the guest. He was asked about selling the club's best players. His answer was that when you have a very good player any money you get for him will not replace that player, you can only spend the money on a or some different players.
    So if we sell Benty who's going to score the goals, we could risk buying a lower division player like Nugent or the lad from Southend, remember we have never managed to replace Parker.
    So before grabbing the money think about what that money buys.
  • [cite]Posted By: tom_cafc[/cite]For £15 million. According to Glenn Roeder.

So?
  • Has anyone noticed that since we bought darren Bent we have had out worst two seasons in the Prem since coming up as champions.
  • What you mean So?
  • Given that relegation is now 90% certain, if a club comes in with an offer of £15 million pounds then the Charlton should accept it. Otherwise in the summer transfer window the club will just be ripped off.
  • edited December 2006
    [cite]Posted By: ns_eb_rj_s?[/cite]Has anyone noticed that since we bought darren Bent we have had out worst two seasons in the Prem since coming up as champions.

I had - I have wondered if the mind set of players has subtly changed from "we have to graft hard to get goals and all muck in" .... to .... "lets just get it up to Benty as quick as we can" ?
  • Why is relegation 90% certain if we win tonight against Blackburn we will be two points from safety?
  • [cite]Posted By: tom_cafc[/cite]What you mean So?

What else is Glenn Roeder going to say? "I've called Charlton, they said no so I'm going to leave them alone."

Of course, if you want to help Newcastle unsettle our players by swallowing the shite spouted from the Toon, go ahead...
  • bet dazza's well unsettled by high flying newcastle coming in for him! playing up front with errr michael owen? where is michael owen by the way.. money well spent.
  • My thoughts exactly SS. Maybe if they didnt have anyone to rely on they would have to take some responsibility.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think we should sell him if we get that kind of money. However, from Bents point of view why Newcastle? I would have thought he would be looking to move from us to European contenders. Like BlackForest said most clubs would be happy to take him. Its not just up to the club.
  • Liverpool offered over £15m in the summer.
  • how do you know that reserves........?
  • [cite]Posted By: tom_cafc[/cite]Why is relegation 90% certain if we win tonight against Blackburn we will be two points from safety?

uhmm. Quite correct but at present I feel we are a million miles from safety and a win tonight is, in my opinion, the least possible outcome.