Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Got to laugh

I've had the same Argos bought golf clubs for 18 years and am in desperate need of a new set, but can't justify the expense at the moment.

Mate text me yesterday to say he has ordered a new set of irons, costing £440. I said he had more money than sense, then he said 'how much do you spend each season on Charlton ? At least i'm going to get some enjoyment from these'

Can't argue really !

Comments

• Options
    Exactly. I now look at each season ticket renewal as a waste of money forced through having a blind faith in a football club - rather than an investment towards a Saturdays entertainment.
  • Options
    love is blind
  • Options
    If I relied on Charlton to entertain me I'd have stopped going years ago.

It's more than the football, It's the pub before and after the game and having a laugh (win lose or draw) with my mates.
  • Options
    True Russ. But surely if it was just getting pissed with your mates then we could do that in the Red Barn with £300 extra in our bins. When you shell out money on the game you do expect to get some return and not rely on being so drunk that it is painless..........
  • Options
    Red Barn it is then!
  • Options
    Starting to wish I'd paid for the Season Ticket by Direct Debit. I could then cancel it. Would that result in me being refused entry?. Something to consider for next season...

AFKA - My daughter got two Gator Golf games for xmas - lovely set of clubs with each. They would be about your size!!!! You can have them for £25.00.

;-)
  • Options
    nice one AFKA's mate - can't argue whatsoever with that

bet if you gave up going drinking before and after games you could probably have a new set of clubs within 4-6 months.