Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Prepare for an outpouring of emotion and a minute's silence at the next home game "Free Stevie G"
    Posted by Michael W | 29.12.08, 12:53 GMT

lol
  • Options
    Gives them a ready made excuse if the title push comes off the rails
  • Options
    what is it with these footballers? Can't they just stay off the booze whilst they are playing. There is plenty of time for a drink when they retire at 35. It's like seeing in the Lite players bowling out of China Whites or Movida at 2.30am. They are so fecking stupid it beggars belief.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]what is it with these footballers? Can't they just stay off the booze whilst they are playing. There is plenty of time for a drink when they retire at 35. It's like seeing in the Lite players bowling out of China Whites or Movida at 2.30am. They are so fecking stupid it beggars belief.

To be fair going out isnt the problem and if any boss told me I couldnt I'd tell him where to poke the job, it wasnt before a match, the issue in the behaviour whilst out.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited December 2008
    In fairness, Gerrards job does contain restrictions regards alcohol etc as a professional sportsman, my mate works on the rails in maintenance, he cant drink 12 hours before a shift starts, sackable offence, so some jobs do contain caveats to that affect.

Behaviour, as you say, is a different matter altogether.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Yeah and that is totally acceptable, I wasnt allowed out 24hours before being due in court, can't argue with that and I went along with it. Not ever being allowed out is totally differnt.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU16[/cite]I wasnt allowed out 24hours before being due in court

What had you done? ;-)
  • Options
    Must say i'm quite surprised by this. If it was Pennant then fair enough but for Gerrard it seems fairly out of character.

As for Large's comments i think it's a bit unreasonable to expect a footballer to not have a drink now and then. He was likely to have been rested for the cup game this weekend so didn't have a game for 13 days, so why can't he go out and have a drink? And to be honest the time he was out is only an issue because he got involved in a fight.