Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's not just

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
the football side that will change radically if we get relegated.

I'd imagine an awful lot of non- football staff would face redundancy and the Football In The Community schemes may well have to be scaled back although I vaguely remember hearing that they were self financing.

Comments

• Options
    agreed, the financing of the community scheme i believe comes largely through grants and fees.

maybe a slight cutback will be necessary in the catering, marketing and communications depts, but i don't think the overall extent would be too great, particularly not in the first year.

we're talking like its already happened.....
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I don't mean to!

It's just that the more you think about it the wider the ripples spread across the pond!
  • Options
    Imagine if you currently work for CAFC seeing that load on Non-triers do their level best to lose you your Job. Thing is the modern day footballer does not really care anymore, they just move onto pastures new whilst a club that gets relegated end up goonering half their staff, most of which are good hard working honest people with mortgages & will end up losing their job through no fault of their own. I wonder how many of our players can claim to have done their job to the best of their ability this season?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]agreed, the financing of the community scheme i believe comes largely through grants and fees.

maybe a slight cutback will be necessary in the catering, marketing and communications depts, but i don't think the overall extent would be too great, particularly not in the first year.

we're talking like its already happened.....

merging the ticket office with the conference/banqueting dept and calling it the commercial centre was just a cost (job) cutting excercise. i know the ex ticket office manager, even though he isn't a cafc fan, he is a decent bloke and imo didn't deserve the boot.
    in fact, cafc has a quite bad record/reputation as an employer (non playing). i know of a number of ex staff that went to tribunal, or paid off with the promise not to say anything.
    oh........ all above allegedly.