Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Grayson appointed Leeds manager.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leeds_united/7796182.stm

This must be good news?

Comments

• Options
    for Leeds fans, yes.
  • Options
    Clubs appointing managers within days of sacking their previous one.

Shame we can't do the same.
  • Options
    from blackpoolfc:

Club Statement
    Tue 23 Dec 2008

Blackpool FC can confirm that Simon Grayson tendered his resignation at 0830 on Tuesday morning. The resignation was not accepted by the board of directors and the club and are now considering legal action against both Simon Grayson and Leeds United.

A more detailed statement will be made later in the day.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]from blackpoolfc:

Club Statement
    Tue 23 Dec 2008

Blackpool FC can confirm that Simon Grayson tendered his resignation at 0830 on Tuesday morning. The resignation was not accepted by the board of directors and the club and are now considering legal action against both Simon Grayson and Leeds United.

A more detailed statement will be made later in the day.

Leeds will offer a bit more compo and off he'll go. It's all posturing at the end of the day. His contract was up in the summer anyway so they can't demand much.
  • Options
    Note the draw that Leeds still have as a club. This bloke willingly drops a league, whether his club give him permission to or not (i.e. legally or otherwise, he's going), just because it's Leeds.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]Note the draw that Leeds still have as a club. This bloke willingly drops a league, whether his club give him permission to or not (i.e. legally or otherwise, he's going), just because it's Leeds.

To be fair though he was at Blackpool who get crowds of about 7k
  • Options
    And I don't suppose Blackpool made a profit of over 4 mill either last year!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]Note the draw that Leeds still have as a club. This bloke willingly drops a league, whether his club give him permission to or not (i.e. legally or otherwise, he's going), just because it's Leeds.

Maybe, but Leeds was his first club, he came through the ranks there so probably has emotional ties there.
  • Options
    just hope that Blackpool can see what a great job Parky is doing for us and offer him the position !
  • Options
    Leeds have got themselves a good manager there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talksport just had a bloke form the LMA trying to defend Leeds' actions. He also said that there were 210 managers in the union, chasing 92 jobs. Shouldn't be hard to find one somewhere.
  • Options

He did start his playing career there and is probably a fan so no brainer on his apart.

Funny how the LMA don't slag their members off when doing this but if the other way round clubs are the fall guys. Double standards as ever.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]And I don't suppose Blackpool made a profit of over 4 mill either last year!

thats intersting..... you sure of that?
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Have a look here mate

Leeds Profits
  • Options
    well thats good for them.....
  • Options
    Not for the companies they knocked when they went into adminstration though!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Not for the companies they knocked when they went into adminstration though![/quote

fair enough..... lets hope we are never faced with the same decision...