Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Guys...

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
Its not that bad is it?????????

A win on tuesday will see us only 2 points from safety.

Teams such as West Ham, Blackburn will be also hitting some bad form.

Comon were not dead yet.

Think Positive, think THE GREAT ESCAPE 2007 CAFC

Comments

• Options
    I admire your positive thinking but if you were at Sheffield you'll have seen we've got no chance.
    Incidentally who out of the clubs down there do you think we can overtake? I think only Watford. No way will Blackburn be down there and West Ham have got Ashton to come back and are looking at SW-P on loan. They will be comfortably mid-table. Newcastle will spend money in January and already look a better side with Dyer back.
    The only realistic teams we can catch are Sheff Utd and maybe Boro and Wigan. But we'd need to win 3 on the spin to get ahead of them and right now we don't look like winning 3 all season let alone 3 in a row.
  • Options
    i agree Tom, i refuse to get too downhearted until the Blackburn game is out the way first. The team is operating at zero confidence at present, none of us know to what extent it will pick up to if a win is secured.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i agree Tom, i refuse to get too downhearted until the Blackburn game is out the way first. The team is operating at zero confidence at present, none of us know to what extent it will pick up to if a win is secured.

If we play badly in the 1st half tomorrow, can I remind you of these comments at h/t? ;-)
  • Options
    WE ARE STAYING UP, WE ARE STAYING UP!!

p.s I didnt think this after the Sheff Utd game.
  • Options
    Im Shi$%%g myself quite honestly.......
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i agree Tom, i refuse to get too downhearted until the Blackburn game is out the way first. The team is operating at zero confidence at present, none of us know to what extent it will pick up to if a win is secured.[/quote]

You mean you're not downhearted all ready? Fulham away, Wigan away, Reading away, Everton home, Sheff Utd away. Every game we say its a must-win game and we've got 1 point from that lot when we really needed at least 7. If we lose to Blackburn will you be on here saying 'if we can nick a win at Spurs'
  • Options
    I agree Chris, "must win games" are every week at the moment.

Soon it will be "we must win this game and hope that [insert team] drop points against [insert team]"
  • Options
    i've already started saying that!!!

can't believe i'm going to spend my evening cheering on manchester city!
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    You mean you're not downhearted all ready? Fulham away, Wigan away, Reading away, Everton home, Sheff Utd away. Every game we say its a must-win game and we've got 1 point from that lot when we really needed at least 7. If we lose to Blackburn will you be on here saying 'if we can nick a win at Spurs'

Tiz a Snickers not a sprint. I'm not going to apologise for trying to be positive !

I see the Blackburn game as pivotal. We need 3 points before the gap starts to widen, if it does not come against Blackburn, i can't see realistically we will be able to get that win until it is too late.
  • Options
    Suzi - i don't think we have to worry about Watford - they will drop. It's others we need to worry about but i honestly can't see 2 other teams worse than us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AFKA - i'm not knocking you for being positive, i guess i'm just surprised at some peoples optimism whereas i feel i'm being realistic. My optimism went 2 weeks ago after Reading away.
  • Options
    i guess so, i just don't want to end up being at the bottom and adrift. that would make things worse (tho its clutching at straws)

its now 2 wins to get out of relegation....with other teams results to go our way

2 weeks ago, it was in our own hands, 1 win and we're out.

can't see west ham/newcastle getting into the depths for too long
  • Options
    I agree with Tom..it's in our hands, we have to keep believing, and the players too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Suzi - i don't think we have to worry about Watford - they will drop. It's others we need to worry about but i honestly can't see 2 other teams worse than us.

problem is there are all the other teams down there saying that they don't have to worry about watford or charlton.