Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

No Bonus.

Just been told no one getting a bonus this year. usually get at least a weeks money and from the CEO directly, he would come around and give us assistants a card with cash in. we all thought this was the case as no one got a summer bonus either. Dosnt bother me at all to be honest would have just spent it on presents for the family and spent what was left in the pub. Anyone else get one or not?

Comments

• The way my company has been making cutbacks the bonus i got was that i've still got a job!

Am due a performance related bonus in january but i have a feeling no matter how well i've done it'll be scrapped.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]The way my company has been making cutbacks the bonus i got was that i've still got a job!

Am due a performance related bonus in january but i have a feeling no matter how well i've done it'll be scrapped.
    You're more likely to get a bonus than a payrise next year - it's cheaper for your company as they don't have to make the NI or pension payments.
  • Got tupe'd over from a public sector job so don't get bonuses, but had a small pay rise in November so am not complaining.
  • from someone running a business with 7 staff to pay,don't worry about bonuses worry about your job !!! it's gettin very tough
  • I got a pay rise last week - I wasn't expecting one at all in the current economic conditions, so to get anything at all was a pleasant surprise - and what i did get was more than i would have expected in a 'normal' year. Plus a nice chat with the US parent company thanking me for my contribution over the past year, asking whether I was happy and (more importantly) whether I was thinking of leaving! A world of difference between that and my last job (public sector) where I was lucky if I even got an acknowledgement for the extra hours I regularly worked, let alone any extra money for it. Now watch me get outsourced or offshored halfway through next year...
  • Steve you know who i work for mate and that is how i am looking at it.

if the rumours are true our depot has just dodged the dreaded axe being smashed down.

all hands to the pumps next year i will be putting in some amount of hours to ensures customer demands are met. If that aint a weekend then they my effort for free
  • I got mine so am feeling blessed and grateful for that. Normally get told in Jan re pay rise but would be surprised if we didnt.
  • Our xmas bonus scrapped - don't bother me but my staff are not happy bunnies - but as I told them beter no bonus than no job - but you know what 21 year olds are like with money
  • They don't give them to students which is an outrage. Who's with me!?
  • Public sector worker so I guess what I'm saying is WTF is a bonus! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Whats a bonus
  • I wonder how many City bigwigs had spent their anticipated £100k bonus well before they get told now that they are no longer getting them. :-)

P.S. Last time I got a bonus was at LTSB in 1995.
  • bonus!!! the bonus im looking for in the new year would be a job, plumbers mate anyone
  • [cite]Posted By: Sideways[/cite]Public sector worker so I guess what I'm saying is WTF is a bonus! ;-)

I'm public sector and get performance related pay which usually consists of additional increments, bonuses or both, in exceptional circumstances (i.e. if your face fits)
  • [cite]Posted By: Sideways[/cite]Public sector worker so I guess what I'm saying is WTF is a bonus! ;-)

Tell me about it mate.

Girlfriend just rung and she's got her bonus today, half of what she got last year but still a tidy sum, one of the lucky ones I suppose.