Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parking at the Valley

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
is there a residents parking scheme in option during the day ?, or if I parked near the ground in the morning and got a train to work from Charlton station, would the car be o.k all day ???

anyone who lives close enough by know ?

Comments

• Options
    **I meant operation** !
  • Options
    Residents' parking is in operation until 6.30pm, can't remember what time it starts.

Victoria Way is the nearest street not covered by the parking zone, though.
  • Options
    You can walk home from there LOL

Think of the environment.:-)
  • Options
    of course, you could just take the bus home ;-)
  • Options
    Im not sure about victoria way being nearest. Lansdowne lane and the top parts of charlton lane are not residents parking. you can park anywhere up there. if you're headed back to eltham i would park up the top anyway, above charlton road, as easier to get out.
  • Options
    Yuu can park in the estate at the top a Church Lane..

Easier to get out to go back to Eltham
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Im not sure about victoria way being nearest. Lansdowne lane and the top parts of charlton lane are not residents parking. you can park anywhere up there. if you're headed back to eltham i would park up the top anyway, above charlton road, as easier to get out.

You're right, actually, since the parking zone's designed to stop people clogging up spaces near the station rather than parking for football. Unfortunately I can't find a map of the parking zone on Greenwich Council's rubbish website.
  • Options
    don't park near the station,8am-6pm i think.getting there.
  • Options
    cheers all...my problem being that I will have a fairly large sports bag that I wanted to leave in the car and not take in the game and I'll be pushed for time !!
  • Options
    04 MCS - I know Canberra Road well mate, however situation has changed and I've managed to sort a lift after the game, cheers for the offer though, I may take you up in future on that one if the need ever arises again ?!?!?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Inverine is nearest to station without any parking restrictions, the whole controlled area is about to get quite a bit bigger, with the roads North of the railway going in (Gurdon, Dupree, etc) as well as Troughton and those roads, plus Inverine as well. One of the biggest complaints was the council don't patrol it properly on match days and people parking in the residents bays for 2 hours plus don't get tickets, expect that to change.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Eltham_addick[/cite]04 MCS - I know Canberra Road well mate, however situation has changed and I've managed to sort a lift after the game, cheers for the offer though, I may take you up in future on that one if the need ever arises again ?!?!?!

no worries duude