Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

80s kid's TV series question...

edited December 2008 in Not Sports Related
Right, I need some help from anyone in they're mid thirties with a good memory.

I'm desperately trying to remember the name of a TV series that was on when I was a kid.

Bear with me though as my memories of it are a bit vague...

I think it was set in Australia/New Zealand.

I also think it may have involved Maoris and possibly the tensions between them and some white people in a nearby village?

I vaguely remember it having children running round in frilly Victorian clothing and it also raining a lot and being very muddy?!
Although that might have just been one particular episode that I keep thinking of.

The only other bit of info i can give is that it had a sort of Huckleberry Finn style about it but that could just be my mind distorting it in some way.

Surely someone can remember it, it's driving me mad!

Comments

• stop eating cheese late at night mate.
  • Children of Firetop Mountain
  • Dan mate we all knw i cant spell etc but ithink you meant to say "it HAS driven me mad".
  • Skippy the bush kangaroo?
  • woolwich walkabout
  • Scroll Down

COFM
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Children of Firetop Mountain

I think you may be right with this one, just googled it...

CHILDREN OF FIRETOP MOUNTAIN (EARLY 1980s)
    BBC

INTERMINABLE MORALITY saga in turn of the century New Zealand. Dopey settlers face up to wise-old natives, with the latter invariably overcoming the former's "mistrust" to save the day in catalogue of homespun domestic crises. Each episode painfully resolves into preachy do not steal/lie/be miserable "message".

Cheers DA9!
  • Da9 mate tried to phone you late afternoon some radio channel (gold?) had back to back Elvis crimbo songs on. Good singalong stuff.

PS id be a tad worried if i knew that answer to Dans question !
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Da9 mate tried to phone you late afternoon some radio channel (gold?) had back to back Elvis crimbo songs on. Good singalong stuff.

PS id be a tad worried if i knew that answer to Dans question !

Cheers mate, phone was off for a while (dead battery), got loads of Elvis xmas songs on Radio 2 currently, great stuff.

PS.......Didn't really know it, googled it myself, but dont tell anyone.........oh....damn
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2008
  • I immediately thought Pugwall, then thought, no its gotta be round the twist!! But Perhaps DA9 is right!!
  • pugwall_2.jpg

channel 4 summer holidays from school golden days... "Keyboards and me on my Gituar" 10 points if any remebers what the band was called...