Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Take That

edited December 2008 in Not Sports Related
Don't you just love them?
I don't enthuse about Boy Bands much, but these guys, on their 2nd coming, are just terrific. Great songs, great act.
I really hope Robbie Williams doesn't rejoin them.

Comments

• Options
    Sorry but I hate them, I am a miserable git when it comes to music anything overly nice does my nut (ABBA, Grease etc)
  • Options
    I respect what they do in their genre/market, some of it I like, some of it is tosh, but there are worse bands out there.

Music is all about personal choices and preferences, music to make you happy, music to make you sad, music to make you laugh, theres a place for it all, dont hate any music barring rap and hip hop, utter durge with no real talents IMO, its all a con.

I love Elvis, Rockabilly and some country, but I am also a big fan of the Smiths, Cure, Cult, Stereophonics, Michael Buble, so music for me is very diverse.
  • Options
    TAKE THAT are legends FACT.
  • Options
    On that, why do we call them bands, as far as I can see only Gary Barlow plays an instrument (piano)???????

Surely if they dont play instruments they should be called something different?
  • Options
    Prefrerred their older stuff to be honest but they are definate Legends in my book.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]On that, why do we call them bands, as far as I can see only Gary Barlow plays an instrument (piano)???????

One of my biggest bugs of modern day bands - ESPECIALLY MUPPETS like JLS and "bands" of their ilk - TWO BOB their only market are 14 year old girls.

Now your kaiser chiefs , oasis of this world that''s different.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]On that, why do we call them bands, as far as I can see only Gary Barlow plays an instrument (piano)???????

One of my biggest bugs of modern day bands - ESPECIALLY MUPPETS like JLS and "bands" of their ilk - TWO BOB their only market are 14 year old girls.

Now your kaiser chiefs , oasis of this world that''s different.

I have to say JLS do have talent (mainly the gay looking little one who seems to get all the solos) and they can hold a tune, but your right about their fan base.
  • Options
    I'm a sucker for great pop music, so absoulte legends for me.
  • Options
    love them.

also DA9 i think there is an elvis singer in the Oak tomorrow night. I dont know who it is but there is a poster up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]love them.

also DA9 i think there is an elvis singer in the Oak tomorrow night. I dont know who it is but there is a poster up.

Yep, Geoff Roberts, Natalie told me over Facebook, me & the other half gonna make an appearance, cheers B, you & Tav out for a few sherberts?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ian may be. I'm up town tomorrow night. i might make an appearance but it could well be about 11pm in a terrible mess.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Ian may be. I'm up town tomorrow night. i might make an appearance but it could well be about 11pm in a terrible mess.

LOL, I'll get them to sandbag everything before your arrival then!
  • Options
    wot happens if the guys shit tho E ? will you get all ruffled and take the mic off him ? might put in a show, be driving so wot drink.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]wot happens if the guys shit tho E ? will you get all ruffled and take the mic off him ? might put in a show, be driving so wot drink.

Be good to see you fella, we can discuss book stuff, trying to persuade other half to drive, although wont go mad myself either way, working Saturday.

Nah, they couldn't afford me mate, althought the karaoke afterwards is a different matter!!!
  • Options
    anyone else trying to get tickets this morning?

ticketmaster website down already. how can one web ticket outlet take all the allocation then not be able to handle the demand!
  • Options
    there are 4 web outlets, all down at the momet, all phone numbers dead as well at the moment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]anyone else trying to get tickets this morning?

ticketmaster website down already. how can one web ticket outlet take all the allocation then not be able to handle the demand!

shit happens I guess. I am stuck here in the office trying to get them for the wife and her sisters. the economy is meant to be in meltdown yet this lot can stump up 90 quid each for a ticket. At least it will stop her moaning at me going to the odd game of football.
  • Options
    Trying to get 2 for my wife & daughter.
  • Options
    Any man that goes should be locked up
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Any man that goes should be locked up

thanks for that. next....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just wait until this afternoon and get them from Ebay. You might have to pay more but if you're willing to pay £90 for Take Shat tickets then you're probably willing to pay £200+

:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]there are 4 web outlets, all down at the momet, all phone numbers dead as well at the moment.

whats the phone number?
    need to get my wife tickets..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]there are 4 web outlets, all down at the momet, all phone numbers dead as well at the moment.

whats the phone number?
    need to get my wife tickets..

sorted mine via stargreen - took a while and a fraud prevention call from barclaycard (they realised it was a pruchase way outside my normal buys)
  • Options
    Wish I could afford it :(
  • Options
    add me on facebook and i might take ya
  • Options
    Nice idea but husband probably wouldn't approve lol. Besides there are no ValleyGary's listed on face book lmao :)
  • Options
    sssshh he dont need to know
  • Options
    add me gary
  • Options
    requests on its way sailor
  • Options
    If anyone does manage to get through, please get another 2 standing for my missus, otherwise its not going to be a happy household tonight :-(