Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Making people jump

edited December 2008 in Fun, Jokes & Captions
Is one of the funniest ways to occupy free time. I once hid in a wardrobe on holiday for over an hour to jump out on my mate when he came into the room.

His reaction was hilarious

Comments

• one halloween I got home before the wife and my eldest boy and I went and put on an old boiler suit with hood and and jason mask. i then locked up turned all the lights off stood in our extension where behind the patio doors and just stood there.

She came in turned the light on and of course saw me standing there - her scream was legendary.

I was callled all the c's under the sun slapped kicked etc but her face made it well worth it/
  • Jumping story #1 - My wife and I used to life in a very small flat. You had to walk through the kitchen to get to the bathroom. One night after we'd been watching a horror film Mrs Stig had to visit the loo. I waited in the dark in the kitchen for her to walk back and as she did a turned on the very old very noisy cooker hood - Bingo!

Jumping story #2 - We used to have a cat that was as daft as a brush. You could do what you liked and he wouldn't care. One night we were watching Alien on the tele. About 5 minutes before John Hurt meets his doom I disappeared from the room, stuffed the cat up my Henry-style cardigan and went back in sitting next to her as if nothing was up. At exactly the right moment I started moaning and released the cat as the alien was emerging. Wine-soaked Mrs S was convinced for a second or two that it was real.
  • Stig - that Alien one is a work of evil genius
  • This is a good trick. Set the time on the TV to 30 minutes so that it automatically turns off in 30 mins. Synchronise your watch. With 1 minute to go say that you can see a ghost walking around the TV. Everyone will think you are mad. With 10 seconds left, say that the ghost is now touching the TV controls. Then, wap! The TV turns off. Very convincing.
  • lol brilliant!
  • We have just moved into a new unit at work and have brought a vertical carousel to keep all our small parts in. This carousel is 6m high by 3m wide and 2m deep.
    All you do is input a part number and the machine will bring it around for you to get it. We also a a cctv set in the shop to see what going on, the lads know this, however they don't do that I can access the carousel remotely. So when there's only one of them in the unit and walking past the carousel, I set the unit to find a part whilst watching on the cctv. Their reaction is so funny, we are pissing ourselves in the office and then I have to keep a straight face when I am getting told that the machine is working on it's own.

Another time, this one backfired. Many years ago at my mate's engagement party at his would be in-laws house.After a few beers, I when to the loo for a leak and came up with the idea of standing behind the shower curtain. So I go outside and tell one of my mates about the idea, he says great idea I'll join you, so both of us get behind the shower curtain and wait. After about five minutes in the dark, someone comes into the bathroom and pull the light cord and I can see that it's the my mate's future mother in-law. Now what do we do? jump out on her and just keep still. We do nothing and wait and she go about doing what she when in there for. Then when she washing her hands, she notices us and pulls back the shower curtain and asking us what we are doing in her bath? We just looked at each other and step out of the bath and unlock the door and then spent the next couple of hours in the garden, not wanting to go back into the house to meet the "mother in-law".
    The next day she asked her son in-law if his mates are nice boys are she found two of them in the bathroom together.
    I did get an invite to the wedding and the father of the bride included the event into his speak.
  • edited December 2008
    I've just been got!

The rest of the family had all gone to bed leaving me the last one up (as ever). Some dogs started barking in the neighbourhood waking up the whole house. After a short while upstairs talking to the now awakened Mrs S, I returned back downstairs. As I was sitting there, I saw a shadow moving about in the back garden. I expected that the neighbourhood dogs had been awakened by some prowler who had now come into our garden as a dogless haven. My mind started racing, trying to decide what to do. Should I go out there and confront "it" or should I stay put? Should I go near the window for a closer look or should I turn the lights out and hide in the shadows? Whilst I sat there wondering what to do, a shape loomed up; my heart missed a beat as a face and a pair of outstretched hands slapped against the window. Then in an instant my ordeal was over. I recognised that grin; it was my bloody son who had spotted an opportunity to sneak out into the garden while I was upstairs. His sole intention to scare the living bejeezus out of me. Boy did his trick work. B'stard!