Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Not a Quiz! What is your greatest sporting achievement

ScoSco
edited December 2006 in Other Football and Sports
What is your greatest sporting achievement?

Comments

• Cricket: Getting Gehan Mendis out who played for Sussex and Lancashire and came very close to playing for England.
  • Ive got two....

1) Finishing 3rd in the U21 Kent Trials at Deal.

It was mid Feb and we had 40 mph winds.

Shot 78, 82. The bloke who won with 76, 74 turned Pro the next year so I was well chuffed.

2) Winning a Gold at the London Schools Swimming Finals in the Breaststroke Relay. Came 4th in the individual
  • Coming 2nd in 400mts national competition & 14th out of about 90 in a national cross country comp when was I 15 for u18s.
  • Putting Mark Dennis on his ass in a charity 5-a-side tournament with Carphone Warehouse - everyone had a "celebrity" on their team.

Dennis stood up and said to me "oh you wanna play like that" - at that moment i deeply regretted my actions as he terrorised me for the next 5 minutes.

Had a laugh and a pint after but he was 'orrible.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]Coming 2nd in 400mts national competition & 14th out of about 90 in a national cross country comp when was I 15 for u18s.

Impressive stuff Polo. Do you still run and if not why not with that talent?
  • Not anymore mate no, used to be able to run the 100m in just over 11s when I was 15 as well. Was more into my football & by the time I hit college I was more interested in drinking, going out, etc so just hit it on the head really.
    Couldnt do it anymore which is a shame, had some muscle problems so lost the initial acceleration. Never really lost it until that happened.
  • When I was at School I played Basketball for London and South-East England and the school team got to the Play-off finals of the London Area and reached the semi-Final of the National Cup competition.

I played Rugby for Kent Colts (U19)

When I was playing Senior Rugby, got to the final of the Kent Cup twice and got promoted to National League 3 (South)

It's been downhill all the way since then :o(