Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

1 December 2002: Leeds 1-2 Charlton, Heh heh + heh

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
I am still buzzing from that game lol!

Counter attacking football at its finest.

Outplayed for 80 minutes and only 1-0 down - then Frisbee bounces one in.

Parker slotted that shot in injury time - 200 away fans delerious.

One of many highlights to a memorable year.

Hate Leeds.

I feel better now.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: pork_pie[/cite]I am still buzzing from that game lol!

Counter attacking football at its finest.

Outplayed for 80 minutes and only 1-0 down - then Frisbee bounces one in.

Parker slotted that shot in injury time - 200 away fans delerious.

One of many highlights to a memorable year.

Hate Leeds.

I feel better now.

Thoughts?

good day out - nuff said
  • Options
    Hi mate I think what helped make it sweeter was that Smith(?) hit the post only a moment before we somehow cleared it away, Parker got hold of it, ran with it.....and great goal.
    He came over to us, and I just thought Scotty you're Charlton through and through aren't you.
    His head got turned later but while he was with us he was everything you wanted in a player.
  • Options
    HISTON BETTER THAN LEADS = FACT
  • Options
    I was one of the few that day, fantastic day out, great result, took a cocky leeds bookie for a few quid and travelled back down with a leeds supporting mate, one of my top 3 away days.
  • Options
    i always go on about this game because i won two seats in the leeds corporate lounge that day on that Winnaticket thingy that run for a few months. Free food and booze all day. fiver well spent. Me and a mate drove up there on the Sunday morning. Nice comfy seats surrounded by big northen men. Me mate was just saying to me, so you're happy with a draw when Parker got the ball and went through the whole of their defence and ripped them apart. I stood up and bellowed but no one said a word, they just smiled at me and said well done! bloody great day.

Apart from later when being run out of the pub by burberry capped teenagers.. tho i was laughing as we were running! oh also got told off by the bouncers in yates bar later for laughing too loudly.... milk that win? oh yes. the only gutting thing i wasnt in that corner when parker celebrated.
  • Options
    Brilliant day out & a brilliant result. When Scotty smashed home that winner I was bouncing up & down like a lunatic. I grabbed the poor bloke sitting behind me, who I didn't know, gave him a huge hug & a big kiss! Boy, was I ecstatic!!
  • Options
    A great day out, stayed up there the night before in a lovely hotle, with one of the Rose of denmark corwd and his canadian girlfriend, we then went to the ground and picked up my nephew and niece who were at Uni in Leeds, went mad when parkie scored, who scored the equaliser
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    and guess who was the manager? ALAN CURBISHLEY! The person we disperately need now.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: yung2368[/cite]and guess who is the manager? ALAN CURBISHLEY!

On that basis lets bring back Jimmy Seed, Andy nelson, both of whom had successful spells, but on aserious note, Lennie lwrence is still about and he did wonders with less resources than Curbs
  • Options
    if they are still available i will say so. Jimmy Seed and Curbs are 2 of the best managers all time in Charlton history.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sad to say, Jimmy Seed is no longer available, having gone to the great dug-out in the sky about 40 years ago. Legend or no legend, three losses in a row and we'd all still be shouting "sort it aht Seed"

I was in the lounge in the west stand for that Leeds game, absolute pandemonium when Parker scored. When the dust settled it looked like the Rainbow after a Clash gig, seats and people all over the place. One of the seasons highlights without a doubt.
  • Options
    i get all wiggly when i think about that goal. Class, great game - defo one of my all time favourites.
  • Options
    porkpie> what year was the game when you and medders convinced me to drive from manchester to leeds on my own to meet you guys and go to the game? you'd been drinking cocktails the night before and medders was green with sickness? I was about 8 hours late meeting a friend in huddersfield because i went to the game instead!
  • Options
    It was Feb/March 2002 when Charlton drew 0-0.

Did I play a part in forcing you to go? Surely not lol. Did I? It was worth it - for the point.
    Poor Medders - it was a "squashed frog" that got the better of him.
    He was okay that time of the day when we met you in Atlas Bar, Deansgate.
    All Thaid Up was there too - we must not forget him!
    Some of the stuff we had were shocking.
  • Options
    I know it was snowing, so it was winter time, as it was so pretty when i drove across the mountains.
    yes, you all bullied me the night before the game in that atlas place before you went cocktail seeking. the texts carried on into the night.
    I think we went to see Mr Scruff in Jilly's music box, but went in the rock club instead of the proper club so nearly missed Mr Scruff himself.
    less said about All Thaid Up the better.
  • Options
    There's snow on t'Pennines throughout the year oh aye.
    Oh dear sorry for the pestering lol. I never been to Jillys music box.
    Sounds like a reet dingey hang out but I bet it does not look like a condembed famous wreck of a nightclub on London Road

See you at Bolokpool?
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I think it is 2 clubs - jillys and music box - its just next door. good though. although the rock one is a bit too rock with leather, dominatrix type people!

still love that retro bar in manchester with the thunderbirds figures. bugger, can't think of the name of it. FAB CAFE!

none of the above are as good as the venue - next time you're down - drive past - you won't recognise the place!

nope, sadly not heading up there - was hoping for a north east new years trip for the club, but sadly not.