Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I thought it was quite a lot of positive stuff yesterday

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
Firstly, from where I was in the Upper north, we were the loudest and most passionate I've heard us in a long while. Very little of the pointless individual moaning around me, as people got behind the team, and we had a sing.
I also thought there was a great yell from BDL to start off the second half,what a pair of lungs that boy can shout! One of our own pitchside makes a difference.
On the pitch, we looked more business like. We were quicker to the ball than we have seemed, a little bit more urgency, certainly in the first half. It looked like the team were playing for the new manager. And Parky looked right somehow on the touchline, better and more involved than Pardew often seemed.
And we created a lot of chances in that first half, it was only the keeper who kept them in it with some bloody annoyingly good saves.
Much much better service from either wing, and Gray got to most of the headers as the ball was pushed forward to him. Burton looks to hold the ball up well.
Second half we looked a little less effective, even a little tired, but we still had chances to win it.
They also had a couple of chances but, I felt we were more secure at the back.
So, in the end, only the one point, but it felt like Charlton again, and we kept a clean sheet, which was a big positive. And on another day we would have won it, without any grounds for complaint.
For a side low on confidence, well done. Still areas that need work, but positive overall.
We can build from here. :)

Comments

• Options
    Atmos was certainly a lot better yesterday and true Charlton shone through in getting behind Parky and his team. Agree we can build from that.
  • Options
    i felt it was a more charlton like performance also mate we had a good go in the north upper m block to get it going also well done all those that put the team before their own gripes yesterday
  • Options
    I was gutted that we didn't win yesterday. We looked more solid with Fortune at the back and Cranie and Macca both put in a solid shift. If it wasn't for their keeper we would have walked it after that 1st half display. If we can take that performance into the rest of the season there's no reason why we can't move up the league.