Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

23 Man Squad for Tomorrow

edited November 2008 in General Charlton
Decisive. That's the same number teams use for a World Cup. It's almost twice as many as Dundee Utd, used to win the SPL in the 80s.

No Dicko in it either. That'll teach him for scoring in the reserves all the time. If only you could be more like neon Deon, Chris.

:-(

Comments

• Options
    I am effing amazed Dicko is not in the 23 FFS.

Can't score in abrothel at the moment and our our only goalscoring striker not in the 23.

He must be happy
  • Options
    That tells us that Parky doesn't rate Dickson either.

I think I posted before that I was told that he was lined up for a move to either Leeds or Peterborough.
  • Options
    where's this from?
  • Options
    Guy who knows Dickson personally
  • Options
    meant the 23 man squad bit
  • Options
    Spatacus ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]That tells us that Parky doesn't rate Dickson either.

I think I posted before that I was told that he was lined up for a move to either Leeds or Peterborough.

Well he can't go anywhere now, Len - not for at least a month.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]That tells us that Parky doesn't rate Dickson either.

Well he can't go anywhere now, Len - not for at least a month.

Should have added in January to my original post. I think the intention is a permanent transfer.

I did wonder whether the departure of Pardew would change things but it would appear not.
  • Options
    So the 23 man squad with no Dickson rumour comes from where exactly?
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Well, he can score against us in League One next year, then :-(

PS - Henry - Morts has broken inside news on here before if I remember rightly, so I see little reason not to believe him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dicksons mate, keep up..
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Mort - where does the news about the 23 man squad come from!?

I can't see it anywhere
  • Options
    Dickson's mate, keep up .....

;o)
  • Options
    Mate of Dicksons I hear
  • Options
    Well, I looked on the Beeb site:

Loan signings Deon Burton and Jay McEveley join Charlton's squad and Keith Gillespie, on loan from Sheffield United, will make his home debut.

But midfielder Zheng Zhi is still out with a foot injury.

Southampton will again be without captain Michael Svensson, who suffered an Achilles injury playing for the reserves on Wednesday.

Jason Euell is still suspended,
    while Tomas Pekhart looks set to miss out with an ankle injury.

Forgot all about Jase. He's not playing 2moz, but would you have given him a clap?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Well, I looked on the Beeb site:

Loan signings Deon Burton and Jay McEveley join Charlton's squad and Keith Gillespie, on loan from Sheffield United, will make his home debut.

But midfielder Zheng Zhi is still out with a foot injury.

Southampton will again be without captain Michael Svensson, who suffered an Achilles injury playing for the reserves on Wednesday.

Jason Euell is still suspended,
    while Tomas Pekhart looks set to miss out with an ankle injury.

Forgot all about Jase. He's not playing 2moz, but would you have given him a clap?

Why wouldn't you clap our leading scorer for 3 successive seasons in the Prem?
  • Options
    Hmmmm. If that's where the 'information' came from then I think that could be a case of 2+2=5.

The BBC haven't listed the squad.
  • Options
    23 man squad is no big deal at home really is it? OK if we're paying for 23 players to travel the length of the country then I can MAYBE see a reason to moan. But what harm is it having 23 players turn up at The Valley tomorrow and pick 16 from them? They make their own way there, the one's not selected will watch the game etc. The acadamy players have to be at the ground to watch so why not more of the senior players too?
  • Options
    Come on GIVE DICKO A TRY!!!
  • Options
    Hi Len, reading uour comment I can see I didn't phrase my question very well.

Until he fell out with Curbs, I always considered Euell gave his all for the side - so if I could be there tomorrow, I would certainly have given him a clap. I was just wondering whether others would be doing so tomorrow?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry no sources. Came to me in another one of my dreams.
  • Options
    Did you have a dream about the game, too, Morts?

Give us a clue - good or bad ?
  • Options
    Mortimeriician - man of biblical-type visions.

Okay, here's one for you, Morts:

When are we going to win again .....?

;o)
  • Options
    When the moon is in the Seventh House and Jupiter aligns with Mars...
  • Options
    Blimey, Nigel , that's TOMORROW .......!!!

;o)
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    The dawning of the age of Aquarius....from Hair and a new age starts for Charlton......I hope :)
  • Options
    Wahey let's all celebrate.
  • Options
    Sorry lads my dreams only have short term range. Can't see beyond the end of the 2008 at the moment.

What I can tell both of you though is to look under the stairs in your case Nigel and under the bed in yours, Og. You both had great uncles with silver hair, and a letter E in their names, right?? There's a shoebox of pirate gold, said to belong to Valiant Redsbeard that your great uncles wanted each of you to have, but neglected to mention for some reason. Pint in Barts pre-match, if I'm right. Which I am.
  • Options
    But Morts, I'm not bothered about a shoebox of pirate gold ..... I just want a hot ginger friend (yes, we all know what that means, but I don’t care) to come with me.

When I can get in the Boardroom....?

;o)
  • Options
    I'm just back from Egypt and picked up a couple of bits of arab headgear, which I thought would be useful for getting a seat on the train. Anyhoo, what I'm thinking is a bogus bid for the club, we just need a briefcase full of newspaper and a thin layer of cash on the top. They'll let you take a dump in the boardroom if they get them out. Can't help you with the ginge, though I'm a fortune teller not a pimp. Sadly.

Or, is it a bit soon for bogus arab bids for the club?