Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Johnny Thunders

Fookin' ace, end of.

Comments

• Options
    You must have a personality crisis?
  • Options
    Thunders = god. LAMF maybe my favourite album of all time.
  • Options
    Ever since I've been ridin', ridin on a subway train....
  • Options
    yes, I'm LAMF'ing at the moment
  • Options
    Saw the Heartbreakers performing lamf(like a mother fucker)with 999 and the Fruit Eating Bears at Stockwell college in bromley circa '77 was a fantastic gig,the banshees and gen x were in attendance amongst others.

Also knew Patti Pallidin,Johny's girlfriend and we spoke quiet often,lost contact and haven't spoke for a few years,wonder what she is up to?
  • Options
    'So Alone' solo album, brilliant at the time of release and still excellent to listen to.

You can't put your arms around a memory - great track.
  • Options
    "meanwhile, back in the jungle........."
  • Options
    i love that, 'Stockwell collage, in Bromley!!'

lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]You must have a personality crisis?

He's a human being. Stop acting like a Vietnamese baby : - )
  • Options
    but who are the mystery girls ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talkin' about love ?

ahh, its just Trash !

Help me Rock'n'roll nurse !!
  • Options
    If you carrying on like this then there is going to be a showdown
  • Options
    I listen to Born to Lose before going to games. Could this be the issue?
  • Options
    Saw Johnny on stage with Stiv Bators at the Marquee. It was like watching two pipe cleaners with great hair knocking out a 70's New York greatest hits session.

Went to see the New York Dolls at their first reunion gig (Meltdown - go buy the DVD) and the girls in front of me were physically shaking with tears when they dedicated 'Can't put your arms around a memory' to Thunders.

Cross-dressing on Saturday anyone? I will be the one in the feather boa.
  • Options
    The band I was in used to cover Human Being. Very dolls influenced, Glad there are no photos!!!
  • Options
    Name the Band, I might have seen you
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: RalphMilnesgut[/cite]Name the Band, I might have seen you

Doubt you never saw us. We only did about 4 gigs with me as a member.

It was the Proles who morphed into The Strange and Beautiful Things.
  • Options
    Has anyone ever seen the film New York Doll? What an amazing documentary that is. I saw it on a plane back from the US. They'd put me in first so I'd gone to work on the Gray Goose and was pretty emotional by the time I got to it. The stewardess brought me a cup of coffee cos I was weeping so much, by the end. I daren't watch it again.

Best moment has to be when Killer checks into the hotel in London and comes off like Borat with his excitement at what we'd find pretty mundane things.