Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So you take a day's leave....

edited December 2006 in General Charlton
as you've arranged for some work to be done, rearrange half the house, sit there like a lemon for hours, phone them up to find out what time you're booked in for, then find out they had wrote the wrong date in the book.

As Suzi would say:

Grrr....

Comments

• that would determine a big GRRRRRRR.

there are builders doing something in our block at the moment to another flat, monday they started drilling at 8am which was a bit of a wake up call, and every evening this week we have to walk up the communal stairs not touching anything as everywhere is covered in dust; stairs bannisters everything. isn't it their responsibility to make sure its all clean? in their method statements?
    this morning there was some crazy noise that started too but hopefully not for too long.

now i know this is part and parcel of living in a communal block of flats, but if we owned our flat and did something noisy, wouldn't you put a note through people's doors warning them of the disruption? the workmen are leaving the front door on a latch, which technically invalidates ours and probably other people's contents insurance cover? am i being really ott?

what with that and the flat upstairs having parties till 2am on monday/tuesday nights (not that it wakes me up) its ridiculous!!

we had a party the week after we moved in, and we were going to put cans of left over booze on everyone's door step to say thanks for being understanding that we'd just moved in, but some b'stard glued our lock!!!
  • Aaah thats why youre not reading your emails..

Did you find a victim last night in the end?
  • indeed, bobbolder and Need A Pint, plus a very drunk Geordie.

Went in the Alma for the first time in 13 years then down the Black.

picking up my hotmail though, afka_smudge@hotmail.com
  • The Alma? Nice game of shove ha'penny ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]The Alma? Nice game of shove ha'penny ;-)

.. with oracle
  • deduct your day's pay out of their final bill ......

mind you they'd probably end up owing you LOL
  • I lived in a flat for 4 years....hated every minute of it...