Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Survivors

Was all prepared to hate it as not as good as the 70s original but it was good.

Especially with the first rule of TV drama (famous actors don't die early) being broken.

Another excuse not to go to QPR now that the 2nd episode is on Tuesday.

Comments

• Options
    what channel was it henners?
  • Options
    BBC1, so it should be on iPlayer later.
  • Options
    that's what i was hopin cheers ali
  • Options
    Wasn't going to bother watching it but had late dinner in front of TV. Will watch next one now. Max Beasley best thing in it? His best role since 'Bodies'.
  • Options
    Sky + last night, first of 12 i think, will try and find the time to watch the first one before the twelth one comes on
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited November 2008
    Watched first 45 minutes, couldn't get into it, wasn't feeling it, so went to bed.

Thought Max Beesleys attempt at playing the prison hard man was pathetic, stupid accent
  • Options
    I was far to busy looking watching the attractions of the Jungle last night
  • Options
    Watched it on BBC HD last night, and you can see where they threw the money on the production
  • Options
    it was just about okay, thought it might be a little better.
    V. disappointed to see max beasley in it cos he irritates the f*** out of me, hope he dies soon.

On screen!!
  • Options
    I watched it with the wife.....she's been puking ever since!

I'll check for lumps when I get home...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought it was ok, they have collected a PC bunch though haven't they!!
  • Options
    Think I know what you're getting at Mr C. but if you think of where the characters each come from it's probably pretty representative?
  • Options
    God i hate the PC rubbish that the bbc drama department chuck out. Survivors is an example of drama by commitee, with some guardian reader checking that every box's ticked. The last drama the BBC did that i really enjoyed was Rome and that was only fun because the bbc apparatchiks were laughed off the set by the HBO boys with the money.
  • Options
    Dear Santa
    I'd like Carol Vorderman to suck my dick for xmas.

Thought I'd get hopeful letter in early!
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Dear Darren,

If you've been a good boy and you're prepared to make up the shortfall on her old countdown contract i'm sure she'll oblige.

S.
  • Options
    Well done to the BBC and Channel 4 last night:
    http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article5228468.ece
  • Options
    I enjoyed it, hopefully catch tonights.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Darren[/cite]Think I know what you're getting at Mr C. but if you think of where the characters each come from it's probably pretty representative?

Probably, just a casual observation though. Not that I can say I'm bothered but I thought to myself that they had ticked every box!!
  • Options
    I thought it was garbage. I know it's not supposed to be completely realistic, but everyone just dying altogether over 24 hours lost all credibility for me. The streets wouldn't be empty - they'd be full of hungry cats and dogs and vermin almost immediately. Really slow paced - so it takes an hour and a half to introduce a handful of not very interesting characters and get them all to meet up? It even made the first half of 'I am Legend' look good!!

Won't be bothering with the rest of it.
  • Options
    I liked the slower pace. More like an older series where the characters and plot lines are revealed over time rather than a smash, bang, wallop Hollywood blockbuster. I am legend is a good example of how you don't have to have non-stop action to have suspense and a story IMHO

Episode 2 was interesting as the stories unfolded, the strategies to cope in the new world were discussed, the conflicts between the characters started to show and the mystery scientists were glimpsed again.

Agree about the rats and dogs but it's only a TV programme.

Better than getting all depressed listening to the QPR game anyway : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haven't seen Part 2 yet, but all these things suffer in my eyes from coming after 28 Days Later, the look and feel is lifted from there, even the music in the trailers is from 28 Days.

I am Legend (Will Smith version) is terrible IMHO
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Haven't seen Part 2 yet, but all these things suffer in my eyes from coming after 28 Days Later, the look and feel is lifted from there, even the music in the trailers is from 28 Days.

I am Legend (Will Smith version) is terrible IMHO

No, lifted from the original series. 28 days really was nothing happening.

I am Legend wasn't as camp as Omega Man but I enjoyed it even if the end was soppy.
  • Options
    If this ever happened for real there would be far more anarchy initially. If 90% of the population were to die it would still leave 10% surviving across the whole population, including the miliatary who would probably take over in some kind of marshall law set up.

Interesting to wonder how we'd cope without today's technology.

We've become very dependent on electricity. Once that disappears there's no light, no phones, no TV, ro radio, no running water, no shops, transport would quickly grind to a halt....................

and there'd be no arguments on Chalrton Life!

No wonder we'd descend into anarchy :)
  • Options
    10% is about 6 million. Not many when spread out across the whole of the UK. Many would also die quickly of lack of food, care (the young and old or sick).

Half the fun of a programme like this is imagining how would you cope, where would you go etc.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I thought it was ok, they have collected a PC bunch though haven't they!!

The BBC in PC casting shocker....lol
  • Options
    Don't worry, now they have moved out of the city and into the country there are more white people around.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I'd probably starve without my Quorn burgers......

No, we've done this subject somewhere else :)

But could anyone catch and butcher their own meat? How many on here have ever milked a cow or a goat? I'd have though these, and knowing some basic agriculture, would be basic skills for survival.

If there are 6 million people left there would still be 10% of the police and armed forces to supress (?) them

I'm Spartacus
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]I'd probably starve without my Quorn burgers......

No, we've done this subject somewhere else :)

But could anyone catch and butcher their own meat? How many on here have ever milked a cow or a goat? I'd have though these, and knowing some basic agriculture, would be basic skills for survival.

If there are 6 million people left there would still be 10% of the police and armed forces to supress (?) them

If those 10% of army police could get organised and contact each other maybe. At a local level there maybe small groups.

When the pre-prepared food ran out you need to be able to kill/grow your own food, preserve it for winter and spring as well as find clean water.

I'll stick to the 21st Century thanks
  • Options
    Was ok , but where did all the cars go ?
    Motorways and car parks all empty ......
  • Options
    Did any outreach workers, with special responsibilities towards one armed gay muslims with speech impediments survive?

They would be crucial if this really happened IMO