Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Music

edited November 2008 in Not Sports Related
Been going around in circles with my music collection for the last couple of months and I'm getting bored. Any new album recommendations would be gratefully appreciated.

Ta.

S.

Comments

• Cynic - Traced In Air
    Gojira - The Way Of All Flesh
    Metallica - Death Magnetic
  • New music is all recycled crap. Pick up the Ramones, Jonny Thunders, Clash and Hanoi Rocks back catalogue. If you have these, and are bored of them, then you're bored of life and need to start a different thread.

The only place i've found interesting music is Myspace, before the bands get produced and homogonised. Saw a band call Rawfox lately who were great. Kind of Jam like...
  • Santa see the thread Everything is Borrowed
  • Pete Murray - Summer at Eureka
  • New Ryan Adams and the Cardinals "Cardinology" album is worth a listen if you liked his earlier stuff.
  • Felice Brothers

Bon Iver

Fleet Foxes

and another endorsement for Ryan Adams' Cardinology. He's still never topped 1999's Heartbreaker but recent releases have been a definite return to form after he lost it in a sea of speedballs for a while.

If you fancy something a little more globally adventurous, the new album from the blind Malian duo Amadou & Mariam, another African record in Tchamantche by Rokia Traore and Terra by the amazing Portuguese fado singer Mariza.

If anybody out there shares an enthusiasm for world music, I will be on BBC Radio 3's World Routes programme on Dec 5 with Charlie Gillett announcing the results and playing tracks from the world music critics' album of the year poll...
  • New music is not up to scratch at the moment, get yourself No Wow by The Kills, as good a start as any!
  • The Youngbloods first few LPs.
  • Not into world music but impressed by the Charlie Gillett connection.

Tell us more and who are the three acts you mention
  • By all accounts TV on the Radio is worth listening to.

Best album of the year is Neon Neon - Stainless Style, and Burial - Untrue
  • Sponsored links:

• My recommendation is to go to yahoomusic and start 'my station'. Put in loads of music that you like already and see what it throws up. I've come across loads of new bands I love that I would never have heard of anywhere otherwise.
    If you want other lifers' recommendations shouldn't you at least tell us what kind of music you like?
  • at the moment playin the new ray le montagne which isnt as good as 'till the sun turns black' but still good, also listenin to shearwater ' rook ' and cat powers ' the greatest 'for some souly vibes,,,,,n goin through a bit of a divine comedy phase which at the mo is much much needed.
  • Elbow - Seldom seen kid
  • [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]My recommendation is to go to yahoomusic and start 'my station'. Put in loads of music that you like already and see what it throws up. I've come across loads of new bands I love that I would never have heard of anywhere otherwise.

Good idea. Could also try with last.fm

My album of the year is definitely Offend Maggie by Deerhoof. Not for everyone, but fantastic stuff imo.

Also Elbow, the good tracks off Seldom Seen Kid are stunning.
  • hannah montana
  • Oasis- dig our your soul
    Snow Patrol-a hundred million suns
    Kaiser Chiefs-Off with their Heads
  • Online radio can be a bit of a faff to start with but worth a go! This is a John Peel tribute site:

http://www.dandelionradio.com/