Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The improving England football team.

I had an unusual experience last night. I watched an England friendly and saw a team I support play excellent football. It seems to me that England are a team that are worth watching. I loved the way Engalnd attacked the ball when they were out of procession, we were so competitive.

I can't remember an England team I've so enjoyed watching.

Comments

• Options
    Capello is THE man.

If he can't get this group of good young English players winning football matches then, imo,there's not many that can.
  • Options
    We're going to win the World Cup at this rate.

Keep it up Capello.
  • Options
    Can't Capello come to Charlton ..... surely our need is greater?

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Can't Capello come to Charlton ..... surely our need is greater?

;o)

Amen to that!!
  • Options
    If there's any justice in the world, the next world cup final will be England vs Spain
  • Options
    I love the way he so unceremoniously dropped Michael Owen. Regardless of whether Owen gets back into the squad or not he's made a statement to the other players that fitness and form really do count. Long may he continue in charge.
  • Options
    I love the bloke. I'm so glad he left Real Madrid - now I can hate them 100% again instead of just 99.9%
  • Options
    I felt the same...was a pleasure to watch them...good on Capello, top man
  • Options
    was a great performance, hopefully sends the mesage out to rooney,lamps,cole etc that you now have to earn your cap. come on England, was good to see a team in red to win a game for once ;-)
  • Options
    One thing I have noticed though, and even I'm guilty of it to a degree, complacency.

Normally any victory over Germany would be sung from the rooftops, cue national wild media frenzy for the next few days, with this, I have noticed a kind of "well, we won again" attitude, with people I have spoken too about it, as though its expected.

I really hope that Capello is the man to keep if fresh on the pitch and not let complaceny drift in there, which I think he is, but I also hope that England fans dont become complacent like supporters of certain legaue clubs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Guarded Optimism from me, excellent Display have always been huge fan of National team never lost the buzz even under Mclaren. We appear to have made the right appointment this time, but it was not that long ago that we had that shambolic Friendly Czech display at Wembley.
  • Options
    what an absolutely cracking trip that was... from what i can remember of the game we took the piss and they were very very average!
  • Options
    agreed I saw - fantastic away trip got back at 2pm today - we took the piss alright. Absolutely loved it

Only thing I will say is there is nothing scarier than the Berlin old bill....
  • Options
    Lol.. I forgot I posted this one!

I wish I could have gone.. I love Germany.. being a German speaker I reckon I could have had a right laugh.

I'm going to stick my neck out... England ARE going to win the World cup in South Africa.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]nothing scarier than the Berlin old bill....

their firm that had us on the metro wearing leather gloves, gumshields and tooled up with blades would give em a run for their money!

PS. In the early hours getting a Maccys at Alexanderplatz, there was a 6 foot lots German OB armoured like a tank who we had a bit of banter with... to us asking him what the score was repeatedly, he replied without flinching "Shit Happens" in the thickest German, Arnie Schwarzenegger type fashion and never said another word. We fell about!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]

their firm that had us on the metro wearing leather gloves, gumshields and tooled up with blades would give em a run for their money!

PS. In the early hours getting a Maccys at Alexanderplatz, there was a 6 foot lots German OB armoured like a tank who we had a bit of banter with... to us asking him what the score was repeatedly, he replied without flinching "Shit Happens" in the thickest German, Arnie Schwarzenegger type fashion and never said another word. We fell about!

I heard the London almagamation on the train was impressive and won the day :-)
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    you heard right... young Midlands lot I was with also did well in circumstances - interesting to say the least
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]you heard right... young Midlands lot I was with also did well in circumstances - interesting to say the least

I thought hooliganism was dead?
  • Options
    we thought we were as well. we weren't looking believe me, especially not with those neanderthals. it was everyone for themselves.
  • Options
    PS. if that Wright-Philips shot had have gone in that would've been talked about for years. Though SWP did well, but hell even Downing didn't look out of his depth so not sure what that says for the full backs!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah, but I was there for the 5-1 world cup game in Munich, so nar nar nar :-)
  • Options
    ouch, I fold DA9 ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]we thought we were as well. we weren't looking believe me, especially not with those neanderthals. it was everyone for themselves.

Pleased to hear it, and glad you came out unscathed.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]

What time was that R - we went through Charlottenberg about 7 and we heard the roar go up and saw the 'erberts running up the platform not sure if ti was the same lot but they were game as hell.

we got stopped about midnight in zoologishcer by 2 van loads of the riot ob in green with body armour and they were buzzing for trouble from us.thankfully we were sober enough to just take what ever. They wanted passports and were aggressive as hell/ A bit of an eye opener for me as this was only my 2nd england away game.
  • Options
    Decent trip. Decent England support. The Germans certinally had some handy looking mobs openly looking for it. Heard of one lot approaching groups of English, asking if they wanted it round the corner, and on being declined, shaking the English lads hands before walking off to find a more willing bunch. Good to see them sticking to the rules.
    Unfortunatley the bottle lobbing ones up the ground were scum. The cowards method of attack. Saw men and woman with real nasty injuries as a result of un-opened bottles being lobbed into groups of english in the bar by the ground.
    Crap atmosphere from the germans too (just like England at home I suppose).
    Anyone else get a fine on the underground for no ticket? Also nearly got arrested/fined for jaywalking of all things - the strict bastards!!
  • Options
    Although it was so good to see England win , and Capello appears to be most of the way their in getting us to qualification for South Africa that is only a fraction of the job required in us winning a world cup. As was proved under Sven to win a championship it is what you can do in that latter stages of a competition that counts, and until that occurs I will say we enjoy what we are seeing but keep it all in perspective.