Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

the manageress

currently downloading this off the net , really looking forward to seeing it for the first time in almost twenty years

Comments

• that long ago - wow! Didn't Karen Brady follow Cheri Lunghi's lead and walk into the dressing room while playerswere still showering
  • Cherie Lunghi would definiely ave it
  • even now she still would get it

some great cast members who've gone onto other stuff since
  • Don’t think this has ever been released on DVD, which is strange seeing how good it was.
  • i loved that show....
  • one of the things that massively annoys me about channel four is that thay have a massive wealth of good dramas and comedys from the 80's and 90's and plenty of channels to show them on but just show repeats of friends all the time.

Show's I loved on that channel include , Prospects , no problem , dream stuffing , billy the kid and the green baize vampire ,vic reeves big night out , white teeth.
    Just watched white teeth again on 4OD but the rest aint even on there . Got both the manageress and prospects now but neither are bang on copies
  • Was it 4 who did GBH;
    can't find that anywhere.
  • [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]one of the things that massively annoys me about channel four is that thay have a massive wealth of good dramas and comedys from the 80's and 90's

I used to love Desmond's!

"Don't scratch my sofa!"
  • [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]one of the things that massively annoys me about channel four is that thay have a massive wealth of good dramas and comedys from the 80's and 90's and plenty of channels to show them on but just show repeats of friends all the time.

Show's I loved on that channel include , Prospects , no problem , dream stuffing , billy the kid and the green baize vampire ,vic reeves big night out , white teeth.
    Just watched white teeth again on 4OD but the rest aint even on there . Got both the manageress and prospects now but neither are bang on copies

The Tube on a Friday evening was compulsive viewing
  • Blue Heaven - Frank Skinners 1990s sitcom, I would like to see that again.
  • Sponsored links:

• I had both series of the Manageress on video. Stupidy erased them a few years back. Should be released on dvd.
  • I used to love Desmond's!

"Don't scratch my sofa!"[/quote]

There is an old African saying..... Desmonds was the nuts. would be all we talked about at school the day after, tragic he died. a few went on to big things from that show, the blonde girl is in the bill and the tony the hairdresser was in star trek or somthing..
    classic desmonds linky
  • [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Blue Heaven - Frank Skinners 1990s sitcom, I would like to see that again.

was that the one where he was a cab driver or worked in a seedy night club?
  • edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Blue Heaven - Frank Skinners 1990s sitcom, I would like to see that again.

was that the one where he was a cab driver or worked in a seedy night club?

No it was the one where he and his mate were a struggling musical duo, Paula Wilcox played his Mum.

Shane was the cab driver one, I think Packet of Three was the nightclub based show.
  • Cheers Algarve, Ch4 comedy in the early 90's was a real pot of gold..

Does any one rember 'No Surrender' about the night club (ala phoneix nights,peter kay has said he based it a little on this) that has double booked new years eve with the Catholic and Prodistants ... is bloody brilliant...
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Cheers Algarve, Ch4 comedy in the early 90's was a real pot of gold..

Does any one rember 'No Surrender' about the night club (ala phoneix nights,peter kay has said he based it a little on this) that has double booked new years eve with the Catholic and Prodistants ... is bloody brilliant...

Was Elvis Costello in that playing in a terrible punk band "you're gonna die, die, die" and James Lynch off Z cars. All the normal scouse actors in it.

Anyone remember four idle hands? Not C4 but a forgotten classic
  • yeah Henry i think Elvis was in it, most of the boys from the black stuff were in it the 'Giz a Job' bloke was the bouncer might have to watch it tonight, got it on VHS as again sadly Ch4 are behind in transfering things to DVD.
  • ANother classic was Coast to Coast with Lenny Henry as one of a pair of Soul DJs. Very funny but not been released on DVD or VHS due to contractual dispute.
  • I also managed to get alan bleasdales "scully" on dvd copied off video , copied off tv. So funny , still love the bit where they're all hiding in the loft and there's a seance going on downstairs and the mum says "is there anybody there?" followed by them all crashing through the ceiling
  • Miserable old-ish git. I seem to remember you having the mangeress on VHS tape some time ago, still got it?