Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League Cup Final

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
Just realised that should we go beyond the semi final then I will miss our first ever match at Millieium stadium.

Why didnt I consult the fixtures beforehand? - In my defence, I thought the final would not be played until at least the middle of March. Is it worth asking our fans director (that is if we get through) if he could arrange for the league cup final to be deferred until after 10th March?

Comments

• Options
    yes ask
  • Options
    Mr Henry - could you have a word on the possibility of deferring the LCF if we get through. Thanks
  • Options
    Think the Football League would like to shift it to April in a ideal world to get it to Wembley.
  • Options
    Dont suppose we could put together a campaign to get it moved to Wembley...?

Mr Henry - could you also ask if it could be played at Wembley (hope Im not being to selfish here but I am sure nobody would mind, afterall it is the league cup and Rothko says the FL would be in agreement!). Cheers.
  • Options
    You reckon Wembley will be ready by then??

: )
  • Options
    you reckon we will to the cup final?

;-)
  • Options
    its got to be a good excuse not to go? nothing as feeble like a two week curise in the caribean.
  • Options
    Even better....defer it till late April!

Mr Henry - sorry to be a pain but follow on from my previous requests you could also suggest that they could defer the match till later on in April so that the workmen have a little more time to finish the stadium.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    Wembley is as good as ready now, the League Throphy Final will be used as one of the ramp up events for the cup final, U 21 game there first for 40,000 in late Feb is a possible
  • Options
    Thanks Rothko - I think we could have enough for Mr Henry to put the case forward now!

Mr Henry - over to you, a water tight case for deferrment!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i too would prefer it if deferred until the weather picks up a little. Wouldn't feel right going to a cup final wearing a coat.

thanks Henry.
  • Options
    Thats a good point AFKA - and I can wear a ETCCYT tee shirt while sporting a rather hidious but real sun tan!

Mr Henry - I am sure Mr Murray.Mr Varney would enjoy that - do you think they would join the campaign to defer the final and move it closer to home?

Kind regards
  • Options
    Spoken to the FA and they are happy to move the date and play it at Wembley. They said could we get all our diaries together and settle on a date where no one is getting married/moving house/expecting a child/going on holiday/due an operation/washing their hair.

They can then check if Jane Goody is still available to present the trophy that day.

I did ask about not having to wear a coat but they felt that we were being unreasonable.
  • Options
    unreasonable ? its for their benefit. Pictures over the world, they want the crowd filled with colours, not drab Parkers. I'm starting to sound like ltgtr now...
  • Options
    I suggest you wear a beer coat. 8 pints and you won't feel the cold.

Alternatively you could come on a coach and have a tartan blanket over your knees while wearing a replica shirt (special cup final limited edition)
  • Options
    Thanks Mr Henry - I knew I made the right decision in voting for you!

Ok everybody - lets sort out a date thats convenient for all of us. Could we agree that it should not be held during the week (although wednesday night match at Wembley does have its appeal and I only live a few stops from there on the Juliblee line). I can make the weekends from 10/11 March but will have jet lag so best from the following weekend 17/18 March. How about the rest of us?
  • Options
    erm.. thats paddy's weekend and i think some people have kids due that weekend.
  • Options
    Woops - forgot about that....and following Cheltenham week, so unless lucky on the horses it could be an expensive weekend. What about the following weekend?
  • Options
    whens the grandnational? thats the same weekend as everton away which we can't do as we'll be oop north drunk.

oh it is frustrating waiting for the last few weeks of xmas to be over so you can get a new diary and start filling in next year. i haven't got a clue about any thing past january 6th!