Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The rest of the season

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
Last night's result did us no favours but it really was a dreadful game re quality. Curbs made a comment which reflected his CAFC ethos about winnable games especially if you are a promoted side or at the bottom.
So it set me thinking if we are to get to at least 38 points where will the next 29 come from?

These are the games with my prediciton which takes us to 42, what is obviously clear is that we need to at the very least 'do a Fulham' who put together a very impressive run of home form to get themselves out of trouble last season. What do you all reckon?

Sat Dec 02 Sheffield United 15.00 A Premiership draw 1
Tue Dec 05 Blackburn Rovers 20.00 H Premiership win 3
Sat Dec 09 Tottenham Hotspur 15.00 A Premiership 0
Sat Dec 16 Liverpool 12.45 H Premiership draw 1
Sat Dec 23 Middlesbrough 15.00 A Premiership draw 1
Wed Dec 27 Fulham 20.00 H Premiership win 3
Sat Dec 30 Aston Villa 12.45 H Premiership win 3
Tue Jan 02 Arsenal 19.45 A Premiership 0
Sat Jan 13 Middlesbrough 15.00 H Premiership win 3
Sat Jan 20 Portsmouth 15.00 A Premiership draw 1
Tue Jan 30 Bolton Wanderers 20.00 A Premiership 0
Sat Feb 03 Chelsea 15.00 H Premiership 0
Sat Feb 10 Manchester United 15.00 A Premiership 0
Sat Feb 24 West Ham United 15.00 H Premiership win 3
Sat Mar 03 Watford 15.00 A Premiership draw 1
Sat Mar 17 Newcastle United 15.00 H Premiership win 3
Sat Mar 31 Wigan Athletic 15.00 H Premiership win 3
Fri Apr 06 Manchester City 14.30 A Premiership 0
Mon Apr 09 Reading 15.00 H Premiership win 3
Sun Apr 15 Everton 15.00 A Premiership 0
Sat Apr 21 Sheffield United 15.00 H Premiership win 3
Sat Apr 28 Blackburn Rovers 15.00 A Premiership 0
Sat May 05 Tottenham Hotspur 15.00 H Premiership draw 1
Sun May 13 Liverpool 15.00 A Premiership 0

Comments

• Options
    i think you have the away form pretty much right (4 points from rest of season). as for our home form 29 out of 36 pts is beyond us imo.
    we have to pick up more points on the road to take the pressure off at home.
    unfortunately looking at those fixtures, i think after the games at bolton away, chelsea at home and man u away, the realisation from even the blindest of optimists will set in.
  • Options
    not a hope I'm afraid, an absolute minimum of 4 points from the next 2 games (realistically we need 6) otherwise that will be it for me...
  • Options
    "i think you have the away form pretty much right (4 points from rest of season). as for our home form 29 out of 36 pts is beyond us imo."

Let's take each game as it comes - and concentrate on our team, if we keep struggling this board is going to get jammed with posts discussing all the possible mathematical permutations until we go crazy. It sometimes is the case that struggling teams perform better against the better sides when perhaps there is less pressure and those teams don't take the opposition quite as seriously as they should, so I reckon we could sneak more than four points away from home, but only if we start playing as a team. We are away on Saturday and it seems that Sheff Utd despite having had a hard game in midweek might be favourites, but man-for-man we have the better players. Reed's job is take those players and gel them into an effective unit.
  • Options
    Lats, its a plan and our away form is so bad that's what needs turning around. If that turns around the present draws at home may become wins. There is still all those games.

BFR is is inevitable that we are going to spend a lot of time tinking where the next points are going to come from. If we lose Saturday it is still not all over, but each time we do it becomes even harder, a draw and a win is what we need.
  • Options
    I agree in taking each games as it comes but what that list does is serve show that it is quite possible to stay up BUT we have absolutely no cushion
  • Options
    No cushion at the moment i agree!I could not help thinking to myself last night in the pub how sad it is at this stage of the season to be getting worked up by other teams results at the end of November!From now on i am just going to take each game as it comes!What will be will be!
  • Options
    What Lats' post does illustrate though is that matters are still very much in our own hands which has to be a good thing.