Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Campo to Charlton?

Comments

• Options
    to be fair all he does is sit deep and hit diagonals behind the full backs. charlton did not sus that first half and once someone sat on him he was less effective.
  • Options

Campo's response when told of the deal...
  • Options
    Campo not impressed as he works out Charlton are currently up Shit (Jonathon) Creek
  • Options
    ScoSco
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Doesn't make much sense to me. Campo played well against us, but from what i can gather, that is the only time he has played well. Very much seem in the twighlight of his career, and struggling fitness wise.

In an effort to appease Charlton fans, AP is trying to be more like Alan Curbishley in signing payers that played well against us. Next week he'll be driving a Ford Mondeo, wearing an oversized club coat whilst wearing an Eric Clapton mask.
  • Options
    Why the long-face ?
  • Options
    Crap idea - both parts of it.

I don't want to lose Ambrose at all, but even if we have to then so be it.

But I don't want Campo, old and struggling to get into Ipswich's team - all he'll do is restrict opportunities for Semedo, Wright etc.
  • Options
    For me Ambrose delivers about once in every five games (if that), he clearly has potential but the reality is he has rarely delivered since he joined us, Ivan Campo may be getting on but if this season is to be about a battle (which it is) then I feel Campo would be better for us than Ambrose. Bring it on I say (Though it is probably just journo guff anyway)
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    the daily mail is a wining, whingeing, vindictive excuse for a newspaper but they have an inside track to Charlton are almost always correct.

Campo will be no help to us and will be a setback to our promising younger players who I would much rather support, and indeed who I would have more confidence in. I see our present predicament as a great opportunity to build a new young team - not to bring in creaking has-beens to try shore us up.
  • Options
    Short term fix certainly. Ran things for them against us at The Valley this season. Do we need a short term fix - yes we do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only because he was playing against us, Ipswich don't seem to think he is that good anymore.
    Any fixing is much better coming from the talents of Semedo and Wright.
  • Options
    We seem pretty split on this one. Time will tell I guess.
  • Options
    Campo was a decent player but Bolon let him go and he has had his best days.

Ambrose has his well documented faults but would we seriously entertain swapping a 24 year old for a foreign mercenary in his mid thirties?

Did the Hasselbaink affair teach us nothing?
  • Options
    makes me laugh when people say he played for Real Madrid. 2 games and a sub appearance.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]makes me laugh when people say he played for Real Madrid. 2 games and a sub appearance.
    Utter, utter nonsense. He was a regular in Real's team for three seasons.
  • Options
    time for a poll perhaps, would you prefer to bring in 34 year old Ivan Campo to bolster the team or to give Semedo (23) and Wright (19) the opportunities to take us forward?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]makes me laugh when people say he played for Real Madrid. 2 games and a sub appearance.

Played 60 games for them including the 2000 European Cup final
  • Options
    http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=17205&page=1#Item_26

And maybe he would write a nice letter like this to us when he leaves
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Campo was a decent player but Bolon let him go and he has had his best days.

Ambrose has his well documented faults but would we seriously entertain swapping a 24 year old for a foreign mercenary in his mid thirties?

Did the Hasselbaink affair teach us nothing?

I know what you're saying Len and you may well be right, but as has already been stated Ambrose is out of contract at the end of the season and it seems very unlikely that he would sign or even be offered a new one. Therefore his age doesn't come into it. Having not seen Campo play much recently who can judge?
    However Campo anywhere near the level of a couple of seasons ago would be good for us.
  • Options
    I thought campo was the best Ipswich player when then played us at home i really hope this becomes true.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Campo in as a player maybe, as a swap for Ambrose no thanks.
  • Options
    If the East Anglian Times is to be belived then although there is some truth to the rumours all it needs is for Pardew to ring Magilton to get it sorted.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]

Played 60 games for them including the 2000 European Cup final

stand corrected. You rely on a reputable website for info and they let you down.

Ivan Campo whhhoooaaaaa
    Ivan Campo whhhoooaaaaa
    He played for Real Madrid
    only twice says Soccerbase

Ivan Campo whhhoooaaaa
  • Options

Campo also plays lead gituar for the Strokes.. talented guy Campo.
  • Options
    How about Ronnie Moore or Tony Towner ...
  • Options
    We had to pay for Ronnie Moore. Us supporters paid I mean .........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]time for a poll perhaps, would you prefer to bring in 34 year old Ivan Campo to bolster the team or to give Semedo (23) and Wright (19) the opportunities to take us forward?

Perhaps Wright, Semedo, Arter and Shelvey can learn something from the old master?
  • Options
    I think he could be like Costa and will lift the kids. Seems to enjoy playing and I hope he helps with coaching
  • Options
    someone at the Valley with bigger hair than me....................bring it on!!!!
  • Options
    Darren Ambrose is the last in the line of 'Players I'm pigsick of seeing in a Charlton shirt'

So bring on Campo for me (even if he'll be gone at the end of the season)

If Holland got a knock we have *no* experience in the centre at all.