Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hey Pardew!

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
There is a sword on our badge and if we do not win our next game YOU need to fall on it.

Comments

• WSSWSS
    edited October 2008
    How very strange.

In the past two games the team has picked up 2 more points in comparison to the corresponding fixtures last season.

Rodex - who would you say should take over? And how long would you give them to get results?
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]How very strange.

In the past two games the team has picked up 2 more points in comparison to the corresponding fixtures last season.

But after 14 games last season we had 22 points.

Still at least Pardew's teams do better in the second half of the season.
  • I'd say we've picked up 2 points in spite of Pardew not because of him
  • Two Year Plan WSS ? :-)
  • It's not over yet...
  • Can someone show me the 'two year plan' quote? I've been looking for it for ages, and never found it
  • wasnt it mentioned at CA?
  • i remember reading it
    have not got a clue were it is and the time to look
  • I think it was actually originally one year plan that Pardew quoted to get back up at the start of last season, Oooh Aah subsequently changed in to a Two year Plan tongue in cheek of course.
  • "How very strange"

We are 5th from bottom FFS.
    He has had long enough.
    We cannot afford not to get rid or do you want to go down this season.
    There happen to be a few good managers available at the moment and now would be a good time just before the Jan transfer window.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2008
    Its all rather boring this 2 year plan stuff being thrown up, i dont suppose he thought for one minute he was going to lose half as many players as he has.
    Things change agendas change we need to look to the future and make sure we turn this around and start moving in the right direction.
  • [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Its all rather boring this 2 year plan stuff being thrown up, i dont suppose he thought for one minute he was going to lose half as many players as he has.
    Things change agendas change we need to look to the future and make sure we turn this around and start moving in the direction.

Excellent post
  • WSSWSS
    edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Rodex[/cite]There happen to be a few good managers available at the moment and now would be a good time just before the Jan transfer window.
    Can you please name them then?

And do you really think we'll be buying in January? We'll be selling if anything - even more so if we sack Pardew and pay him off.

Look, i'm not happy with where we are, how we're playing, far from it. But bloody hell reading that match thread from last night, being at The Valley for the most part this season has been so so depressing.
  • And two places and two points above the bottom three. The table doesn't lie. If we don't beat the dingles (didn't someone said the other week they were worse than us) then IMO quite a few of the board should fall on it as well.
  • We played badly, got a point, and annoyed that tosser Magliton at the same time.

Sounds like a good night to me
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]And two places and two points above the bottom three. The table doesn't lie. If we don't beat the dingles (didn't someone said the other week they were worse than us) then IMO quite a few of the board should fall on it as well.

Can you fall off something maybe, perhaps a cliff?
  • edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]And two places and two points above the bottom three. The table doesn't lie. If we don't beat the dingles (didn't someone said the other week they were worse than us) then IMO quite a few of the board should fall on it as well.

Here we go!
  • edited October 2008
    forget buying this is mostly tactical, and has been the case at least since the start of this season for away games, if not home games as well. The guy is clueless.

If anything I'd be more worried about the number of players we may lose in the window, rather than who we could bring in.
  • there are some decent managers about, we could do with pards doing the honourable thing....
  • I think it's just time to accept that we are not good enough, we just gotta get behind the team & hope that we accrue enough points to stay in the division (50 should do it), still think changing the manager will achieve very little.
  • Sponsored links:

• Instead of looking to blame people, get rid of people, make scapegoats, get behind the team!

Everybody needs to take a good hard look at themselves, the manager, the players and the fans, realise that this is how it is and make it better.
  • edited October 2008
    why do we have to accept that, most other clubs (and I mean successful ones) chop the manager much sooner, we have given him an awful lot of rope here. Time for a change, which I think can in some case make a big difference. Its not all about bringing players in.

we've been saying get behind the team for months/years, it doesn't make enough difference I'm afraid.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]And two places and two points above the bottom three. The table doesn't lie. If we don't beat the dingles (didn't someone said the other week they were worse than us) then IMO quite a few of the board should fall on it as well.[/quote]

Yeah theres cause a f*cking great queue of people around the valley waiting to put there hands in their pockets like this lot have!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]And two places and two points above the bottom three. The table doesn't lie. If we don't beat the dingles (didn't someone said the other week they were worse than us) then IMO quite a few of the board should fall on it as well.

Here we go!

The club is in a complete mess - and I think it goes far deeper than just Pardew's apparent incompetence.
  • the only option Charlton have right now in this regard is for Pards to fall on his sword, sacking him is too expensive for us.
  • edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]The club is in a complete mess - and I think it goes far deeper than just Pardew's apparent incompetence.

Cliff. Jump. Thanks.
  • *Counts to 10, leaves theard*
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]

Here we go!

The club is in a complete mess - and I think it goes far deeper than just Pardew's apparent incompetence.

So it's the board that buys the players is it? It's the board that takes training, it's the board that does the team talks and picks the team on a Saturday? Yeah, sack the lot of 'em!

Do you ever read what you've just written and think, what am I actually on about? You seem to come up with the same rubbish everytime. So say the board do all go what do we do then?
  • edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]

Own our ground, our training ground, have debt yes (well covered responsible debt)

This club is not in a complete mess, get a bloody grip man. Some people have no memory... Selhurst Park, Upton Park, Sunley Group, Roger Alwen, Valley Party... were were in 'a bit of a mess then'
  • [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Yeah theres cause a f*cking great queue of people around the valley waiting to put there hands in their pockets like this lot have!!

Oh I think of a few that could be doing so.

To repeat what I said earlier - the Jim Henson Company as they are good with dealing with muppets. And also Veolia whom are good with dealing with rubbish.