Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ronaldo wins World Player Award

Can't stand him, but can't deny his ability. As they say, "he could do a job for us." ;-)

The FIFPro World XI:

Goalkeeper: Iker Casillas (Spain/Real Madrid)
Defenders: Sergio Ramos (Spain/Real Madrid); John Terry (England/Chelsea); Carles Puyol (Spain/ Barcelona); Rio Ferdinand (England/Manchester United)
Midfielders: Steven Gerrard (England/Liverpool); Xavi (Spain/Barcelona); Matt Holland (ROI/CAFC) Kaka (Brazil/AC Milan).
Forwards: Lionel Messi (Argentina/Barcelona); Fernando Torres (Spain/Liverpool); Kevin Lisbie (Jamaica/Ipswitch) Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal/Manchester United)

Comments

• Options
    I like the way you slipped Matty in there.. nice.
  • Options
    Midfielders: Steven Gerrard (England/Liverpool); Xavi (Spain/Barcelona); Matt Holland (ROI/CAFC) Kaka (Brazil/AC Milan).

But can Steve G play with Matty H?
  • Options
    Whereas Lisbie completely deserves the place ;-)

Not sure about Ferdinand at left back, mind you...!
  • Options
    There's no ' T ' in Ipswich.

Other than that all fine.
  • Options
    Good case to be made for Ronaldo, but to be honest, either Xavi or Iniesta should have won it. They won Euro 2008 for Spain - take them out of that side and it would have been glorious failure for Spain yet again. Anyone who doubts how fantastic they both are should have sky-plussed Barca's last four La Liga wins - they are absolutely unstoppable - and it's Xavi & Iniesta who make everything work - like conductors of an orchestra.

Of course, this was voted on performances largely before Euro 2008, so fair play - I just think its a disgrace that Iniesta wasn't even in the team...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Midfielders: Steven Gerrard (England/Liverpool); Xavi (Spain/Barcelona); Matt Holland (ROI/CAFC) Kaka (Brazil/AC Milan).

But can Steve G play with Matty H?

Depends whether one can sit whilst the other one bombs on..........:o)
  • Options
    Oh c'mon Leroy! They had a tough decision to make and made it. Who were they gonna drop, Holland??? Perlease. Your boy wasn't good enough. End of.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Good case to be made for Ronaldo, but to be honest, either Xavi or Iniesta should have won it. They won Euro 2008 for Spain - take them out of that side and it would have been glorious failure for Spain yet again. Anyone who doubts how fantastic they both are should have sky-plussed Barca's last four La Liga wins - they are absolutely unstoppable - and it's Xavi & Iniesta who make everything work - like conductors of an orchestra.

Of course, this was voted on performances largely before Euro 2008, so fair play - I just think its a disgrace that Iniesta wasn't even in the team...

I think Iniesta splits opinions Leroy, I've seen him play a number of times and he's never really impressed me, Xavi on the other hand I think is mustard.