Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Villa ban poppy sales ....

..in their Stadium...

Disgraceful.

Comments

• Options
    Surely thats a misprint , should read puppies or something
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited October 2008
    they should be ashamed of themselves.
  • Options
    Any reasons given Fishnets ?
  • Options
    Because they had already arranged a collection day for the childrens hospice that they heavily support for the same day.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Any reasons given Fishnets ?

Me & Fishnets will have our won take it on it, O'Neill, and not upsetting his republican sensibilities, he did the same at celt**
  • Options
    So , hopefully, it was just a 1-off ?
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Fair play to them if that is the case AFKA poppy appeal gets plenty of coverage all over. And before people jump down my throat I have bought my poppy and wear it with pride.
  • Options
    Unfair deleting my post AFKA, just expressing an opinion after a question was asked.

Should shopping centres ban poppy collections because somebody else is collecting for kids on the sameday, disgraceful.
  • Options
    I bet if you asked the Villa fans they would say its bollo* as well. Why not do both ?
  • Options
    what a joke

No reason not to do both
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Such for the phrase never forget...
  • Options
    Club Statement

Villa can confirm that - contrary to newspaper reports - there will be support for the Royal British Legion at the home game with Middlesbrough on Sunday November 9.

The club's charity partner Acorns will hold the collection for both causes - splitting the proceeds 50-50.

The club will, as usual, also have poppies on sale in the club shop.

Villa are also pleased to announce a link-up with HMS Daring enabling sailors from Birmingham's navy ship to wear claret and blue kits in inter-force competitions.

Villa also have special ticket deals for members of the armed forces and have recently set up a British Forces Lions Club.
  • Options
    Cheers for clearing that up Henry, just goes to show you should believe everything you read!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Cheers for clearing that up Henry, just goes to show you should believe everything you read!

especially in the NOTW.

Coming soon "Spoilsport head Calls for trick or treat ban", "Shopping Mall bans Santa Claus" and that other annual headline. "Loony left council bans Xmas decorations".
  • Options
    I take it back....

I actually think Trick and Treating should be banned.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]I take it back....

I actually think Trick and Treating should be banned.....

spoilsport.
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Sounds like another lame attempt to reignite the old O'Neill refused to wear a poppy/sectarian topic from a few years back. Bunch of lazy, mischief-making, two-bob scum are our gutter press.