Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Darren Ambrose

edited October 2008 in General Charlton
With all respect imho lightweight sod off

Comments

• Had two very good shots! made plenty of challenges and was much better in the second half!
  • ok,but when it came to it he just melted in the end from where i was watching,lacked the passion we needed at the end!
  • First half i agree he was poor but everyone was! second half showed what the players can do!
  • yes but he melted he is a light weight the last ten mins he bottled it!
  • I thought he was OK in the second half. He needs a run in the team in one position. He's always being moved around.
  • agreed tav, didnt go today but i have never liked the wierd looking shirt lifter! rubbish and as you say lightweight (all due respect of course!)
  • Has always been a an iffy winger and terrible when played on the left. Maybe the manager should have thought about that before playing him there.
  • Put in two great crosses, that should have been finished off including the one Varney headed into Jensen's hands from about a yard
  • In general we lack class and whatever Amboses` deficiencies are he is one of our classiest players. Must play IMHO
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]In general we lack class and whatever Amboses` deficiencies are he is one of our classiest players. Must play IMHO

Agreed. I think someone said on another thread that getting stuck in isn't part of Todorovs game, the same applies to Ambrose. Played some great balls today, poor first half like everyone else but was decent in the 2nd.
  • Sponsored links:

• got called out to a non existant emergency with work so had to leave at half time but luckily the match was on BBC LDN , when they first mentioned Ambrose name I was calling Pardew all the names under the sun for bringing him on at half time. So poor I didn't even see him in the first half
  • Playing for Colchester United this evening against Ipswich Town
  • Oh how we miss Sharon!
  • Colchester are too good for him. Overrated crap player
  • shirty5 said:

Playing for Colchester United this evening against Ipswich Town

Did Colchester pick him as he always scores against Ipswich?

• All i remember about him is that he ran like he's got something stuck up his back passage. Never understood how he did so well for the nigels.
  • All i remember about him is that he ran like he's got something stuck up his back passage. Never understood how he did so well for the nigels.

Because they played him centrally or gave him the freedom to move around. We usually tried him out wide when his best performances were from a more central position.
  • cafc-west said:

All i remember about him is that he ran like he's got something stuck up his back passage. Never understood how he did so well for the nigels.

Because they played him centrally or gave him the freedom to move around. We usually tried him out wide when his best performances were from a more central position.
    Agreed, his best game for us was against Ipswich playing central and he scored a hattrick and ran the game. Never liked by the fans so it will always be his fault and never the way he was managed.

• He played for quite a few years at a high level while we were playing at quite a low level.
    Dont think we played to his strengths, I liked him.
  • Sponsored links:

• My Palace supporting mate was not disappointed when he left them. His view was that DA was total powder puff with no heart and bottled so many challenges he was at fault for as many goals as he scored for them.
  • Move on
  • I thought he showed flashes of brilliance, however in that last game for us Mr Ambrose stepped out of every challenge and was truly disappointing. I was glad he went.
  • Bet he really missed us and would have been heartbroken knowing some Charlton fans thought he was crap. Move on...
  • Remember seeing him in Sainsburys once with his missus. Definitely punched above his weight there too........
  • 1StevieG said:

Remember seeing him in Sainsburys once with his missus. Definitely punched above his weight there too........

hmmm...
  • He likes a bird
  • 1StevieG said:

Definitely punched above his weight there too........

The word is "Footballer" lol!... Remember Peter Crouch's words: "If I wasnt a Footballer I'd be a virgin"