Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

congratulations afc wimbledon

through to the first round proper of the fa cup for the first time since having their league place stolen

now wouldn't that be an interesting match up versus the MK franchise

Comments

• thta would be great - hopefully away then we can all get a ticket in the away end
  • i wanted maidstone to win and play gillingham that would have been a sellout for the gills maidstone would have filled gills ground
  • As a Stone I'd have loved them to have won, but I guess thats football.
  • I know a fair % of the gate would have been AFC fans but the 1,719 must be the best for some years.

Bring The Stones home!
  • Maidstone get on avg about 350 - 400 per home game, and that and some more for away games too
  • AFC Wimbledon v MK Dons in the first round anyone?
  • AFC Wimbledon will play Wycombe Wanderers
  • On the way up tho innit.
  • Almost certainly going to be a live TV game either on ITV1 or Setanta.

Excellent news
  • you a closet dons fan,you and the inspector seem to know quite a lot about them.Dickie Guy is honouary president there now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Know the bloke who was the original chairman down there, Kris Stewart, and have a lot of sympathy for there fight to get established
  • all three of us are of the same opinion , the way they were treated by the league was disgusting and if they were to just go under in their old guise then so be it . At least their league place would've been given to an extra conference side that actually deserved it not to those dirty franchise scum from MK
  • got a lot of time for them saw a lot of games as a kid,as i lived next door to dickie's brother also saw a lot of maidstone games when he was transferred to them.
  • heard there was a very serious punch-up in the bar at half time between AFC and Chelsea supporting locals. Number of arrests.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]heard there was a very serious punch-up in the bar at half time between AFC and Chelsea supporting locals. Number of arrests.

Not surprised. Bin throwing thugs the lot of them : - )
  • There were 10 AFC Wimbledon fans in the Red Lion in Sittingbourne Saturday night celebrating well tanked up but clealy enjoying their awayday.
  • They'll probably knock us out in the 3rd round!
  • I was longing for them to get MK Dons, and then batter them, shame.
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]I was longing for them to get MK Dons, and then batter them, shame.

Their fans didn't actually want to draw MK Dons - as they might have found it difficult to resist battering them ;-)
  • and the game against Wycombe is going to be shown live on Monday 10th November on Setanta
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]and the game against Wycombe is going to be shown live on Monday 10th November on Setanta
    I'm sure the 20 people watching it on Setanta will have a great laugh!

Joke channel.
  • and I'm sure the £75k that the AFC W will make, will be warmly accepted
  • pipe down and sort out some bottled beer in the north stand.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]and the game against Wycombe is going to be shown live on Monday 10th November on Setanta

Joke channel.

Sour grapes me thinks.

Get it free and they are obviously cranking up their sports coverage. More and more big name boxing, Prem and England games and now the FA Cup.

Better get used to them being around. Their version of SSN is very poor compared to Sky but it can only get better.
  • Their coverage of football is better then ITV, although that is a low point
  • I did try Setanta for 3 months - albeit 6/7 months ago but I just didnt get on with it. Maybe its changed but hey ho.

The whole no England highlights really wound me up as well but thats by the by.

I'm all for competition to Sky.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]and the game against Wycombe is going to be shown live on Monday 10th November on Setanta

Joke channel.

Sour grapes me thinks.

Get it free and they are obviously cranking up their sports coverage. More and more big name boxing, Prem and England games and now the FA Cup.

Better get used to them being around. Their version of SSN is very poor compared to Sky but it can only get better.

True, Setanta sports news is repeated on a loop about every 10-15 minutes, SKY is only every 40 minutes or so by my reckoning, althought the setanta real radio phone in live camera feed from the studio is excellent.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]heard there was a very serious punch-up in the bar at half time between AFC and Chelsea supporting locals. Number of arrests.

AFC fan landed himself a black eye, an Arsenal fan did it apparently a load of the lads from work went. One chance one goal but the scrap was mean to be worse than handbags not as bad as it could of been though.

Saying that I wasn't there so only third hand info that
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I did try Setanta for 3 months - albeit 6/7 months ago but I just didnt get on with it. Maybe its changed but hey ho.

The whole no England highlights really wound me up as well but thats by the by.

I'm all for competition to Sky.

WSS - not sure what your problem with Setanta is. You say you're all for competition to sky but the first real competition that's come along, you seem to hate.
    As Henry says they now have some prem games, England games, FA Cup, as well as live games from Germany, Holland and France. Saw a great game Marseille v PSG on there last night. As well as that they've got some major boxing fights plus they have all the UFC stuff. IMO it's well worth the 12.99 each month (less than 50p a day).

And regarding the highlights issue, they were prepared to give highlights out but for the right price. They were hardly going to sell highlights off cheaply as that would impact on people taking up subscriptions and to be fair they did sort out highlights for the Belarus game. It should also be noted that BBC could've easily paid for live rights but chose to pay up to 50m for Formula One as of next year. And i'm sure they could've afforded some highlights if they hadn't paid Jonathan Ross 18m over 3 years!!
  • I don't hate them! Just didnt enjoy the 3 months I was with them thats all.

personally, I can't justify another £12.99 on top of my Sky at the moment anyway but thats up to me.

Good luck to them - they'll succeed if they manage to wrestle a couple of the big games off of Sky like Liverpool vs. Man U, Chelsea vs. Arsenal etc but while they keep showing Stoke vs. West Brom or Blackburn vs. Man City then I fear it will just not work. Be very happy to be proved wrong though.

Anyway - well done Wimbledon. ;-)