Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATT HOLLAND

Comments

• Options
    lol ;o)
  • Options
    In answer to the question why are we playing Holland, the answer is we don't have anyone else but I would like to think that if we had any other options, Pardew wouldn't be playing him.

I would have to disagree with Valley 11, with the exception of Bailey, the midfield as a unit is a real cause for concern in that it creates next to nothing.
  • Options
    Not sure who I agree or disagree with now to be honest.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Not sure who I agree or disagree with now to be honest.

Just agree with Dazzler, who agrees with Valley11, then I can agree with you...
  • Options
    If Harry Arter can last an hour I'd much rather see him start tomorrow, anyone but Holland to be frank.
  • Options
    Hmmm ...... better to start an untried 18 year old who's been out of the game for 10 months - rather than an experienced veteran international who, despite the team's result, is actually performing better than most.

In any case, if Holland was to be dropped by Pardew, surely it'd be better to play Josh Wright.

All academic ..... no doubt Holland starts vs Bristol City.
  • Options
    I agree with Oggy
  • Options
    Asmuch as i like matt holland i dont think he is up to the job anymore. he should be given a coaching job for next season. bailey and racon should be the number one choices in the center of midfield.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Oh you must be talking about the INJURED Racon and ZZ, Mortiamerican?

So you want to throw a 16 yr old, and an inexperienced player still finding his feet at Championship level, into the heart of our midfield?

That's ridicluous and proves you're the fool!

Anyway, our main problem is not centre midfield, IMHO.

We've got far more to worry about down both flanks and with our shot-shy strikers.
    Duuuuuurrrrrr. No I'd not suggest playing injured players ahead of them. Allow me to be clear, I'd play those other players in that spot IF FIT. Is that OK. WRT Shelvey - yes despite his age I'd use him ahead of Holland, although clearly not for every game, I wouldn't burn him out. That said, there was no option last night. Without Hudson playing he had to be in, as captain.
  • Options
    LETS END THIS NOW MORTAL KOMBAT...........

Only kidding I love Matty Holland not in a gay way... but I agree he is lacking in pace and is always going to be a players player he is Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    him and curbs are the reason in where we are. FACT.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]him and curbs are the reason in where we are. FACT.

what a boring pair of twonks you and your boyfriend are.
  • Options
    coz no one else is dull
  • Options
    HIm and Curbs are not the reason we are in this position FACT
  • Options
    nick, what did you think of our midfield today then?

Still think Bailey brings more to the team than Holland? ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: reserves[/cite]nick, what did you think of our midfield today then?

Still think Bailey brings more to the team than Holland? ;)

Bailey had a bad game but on form he offers a lot to the team.

Got to use Holland less often than we have been, hopefully with Racon back and Pardew giving Wright a chance that will happen.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Bailey had a bad game but on form he offers a lot to the team.

Agreed, but what a stinker he had today! Almost laughable, quite unbelievable at times, hope he can get over it
  • Options
    i'd like to see how racon and wright would partner up!

Bailey was gash and Matty was quite absent but thats what happens when you only play 10 minutes at the end!
  • Options
    Bailey was poor but he didn't hide and that is to his credit.

He'll come through with that attitude.

Reminds me of a Bulgarian chappie....
  • Options
    Berbatov?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The astronaut Alexandar Alexandrov ???
  • Options
    Waste of space.
  • Options
    tommo WHY a waste of space he didnt even get on today
  • Options
    http://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/matt-holland-interview-ipswich-charlton-turning-down-villa-more/

Great interview. Looks like he wanted to stay with us when we went down to League 1. We could do with him now.
  • Options
    Good read. Thanks for posting, Dizzee.

• Options

If Harry Arter can last an hour I'd much rather see him start tomorrow, anyone but Holland to be frank.

Addickson's God could see potential a mile off
  • Options
    Excellent interview, I'd forgotten just how successful that Ipswich team was, 5th for a newly promoted side, and not a "returning giant" is an astonishing achievement
  • Options
    dizzee said:

http://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/matt-holland-interview-ipswich-charlton-turning-down-villa-more/

Great interview. Looks like he wanted to stay with us when we went down to League 1. We could do with him now.

Good interview, though we were right to release him when we did.